Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the first Sunday of every month between March and Nov. there is a bike rally called the Cassoday Bike Run. Today was the first run of the year. It was not a bad turnout, maybe 150-200 bikes. That was far better than the less than 50 bikes that showed last year. I can't wait till next month!

http://cassodaybikerun.org/1501.html

Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Looks like a good time, the wife an I used to go all the time when we lived in the Wichita area from 2005 to 2008.

·
Registered
428 Posts
WOW sounds like a good way to help out a little mom and pop shop.... and a
good ride to boot. Thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of years ago they almost ended this Run cause out of town vendors were competing with local vendors and the town was losing revenue. IIRC they ended up incorporating the Run into a business and all vendors have to pay to setup and sell items. Plus they put up signs with donation cans to collect money to pay for pot-a-johns since there are no public restrooms. During summer months there has been as many as 5000 - 7000 bikes roll through Cassoday throughout the day. I have met riders at Cassoday from KC, Oklahoma, far Western Ks., and Nebraska.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cassoday is way cool, but if you want some of the best muffins around, ya gotta get there early! Taking the long way back to KC is worth it, too.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks like good time will try to make it this year spent the day shinen my shark would rather rode her.but my two two year old grandsons helped me ;);)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Look forward to next month. I need to plan that trip. Have been down there a few times over the years. Maybe try to get a group together out of KC.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Glad to hear that monthly run is alive and well. Back in the 90's when I was stationed at Ft. Riley I used to ride there once in a while.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I counted at least 6 other sharks among all the bikes while I was there. Ever since I bought mine, I find myself keeping an eye out for them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
April Fools Day is the next run.
That is my wedding anniversary. My wife said she wants to go to Cassoday. She hasn't got to ride on my RG yet. She was pregnant when I bought it and now that she can ride, she is being a wuss about the cold. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Made it three times last year, allways fun and alot of bikes that for sure. Will make the April run, by the way on the second sunday you can go to Potwin, not as big but it is growing and the local folks are really nice and welcome all the riders.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, I had to look up Potwin. Not to hijack the thread, but what's at Potwin?

I'm definitely planning on the April Cassoday event. A KC group flight would be cool.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Potwin Bike Rally started last year. They have food, vendors, and No Fences bar. The Potwin Fire Dept. has been working to raise money to build a new fire station/community storm shelter. The breakfast is damn good! Last Sept. they held 911 remembrance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good God it was hot and windy, but it was a good ride! There were A Lot more bikes there than last fall, and a bunch of sharks, but I didn't get a chance to chat up any owners. Missed the dyno cell...wanted to run the SERG on there to see what it'd do!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts