Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My name is Corey and I finally got my first harley and it is Road Glide.
After the test ride I couldn’t step away from it even though I’m 5’6 and 160 lbs.
Don’t know why but I fell in love with that chrome and custom color.

My road glide has Ultra handlebars w/ heated grips and Boom GTS.

I’m thinking about saddle bag LED and Bassani DNT for now.

Any suggestions on Must upgrades?

Im super hyped to be part of the big family.

·
Registered
2012 big blue pearl r.g. custom,chris rivas 574 cams. Rinehart extreme 4" RSD air cleaner barrnett c
17 Posts
Welcome from central cali. Nice color

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,416 Posts
Congrats from Saskatchewan. Great looking bike. Ride it for a while and you will figure out what you need to do. Seats, suspension, bars, and windshield are some of the comfort items. Stereo, exhaust, A/C, cam, tuner are some of the performance items. Then there are all the style options 😁

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome from Australia. I knew that feeling! Seat, screen and handlebars, followed by better shocks, are all items which I would guess 75% of us change. Followed by pipes/air intake/tune, possibly camshaft.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Try to take it slow. Ride it. Enjoy it. You will have to decide what to add/change as you go, depending on your usage. Search the forums for answers but if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t be afraid to ask!

·
Registered
218 Posts
For your height I suggest either a Lucky Daves seat or a Saddleman. It will make you sit forward and more into the bike than on top of it like the stock seat. I would also get some T-Bars that fit your reach. Those 2 mods for us short guys make that bike feel and ride much like a dirt bike. You'll love it.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Welcome to the Shark tank Corey, many safe miles on that sweet azz bike.
As a 5-6 rider myself, do NOT fall for the "lower the bike" crap. Look into another seat or seat modifications to your stock seat. I just purchased a solo seat that lets me sit flat footed at stops

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the Shark tank Corey, many safe miles on that sweet azz bike.
As a 5-6 rider myself, do NOT fall for the "lower the bike" crap. Look into another seat or seat modifications to your stock seat. I just purchased a solo seat that lets me sit flat footed at stops

I need to raise my bike up. I keep dragging pipe on the right side, can hardly lean at all

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Congrats on The New Glide.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'd suggest riding it for a bit first but upgrades depend upon your budget and welcome from CT

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Congrats and welcome from SC. Not sure what you’ve been riding but if you’re making a big jump in power or weight please give yourself some cautious riding time to safely get your legs under you. Mod-wise I’d say anything glaring to you now go for it. Otherwise give yourself some miles to see what things stand out for you. Do NOT read any further in this forum yet - you’ll be broke!!!

Ride safe & enjoy!

Reactions: Scottslimited

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
She's a beauty... congrats! Welcome to the tank from north Florida! The list of "necessary mods" would vary as much as "what is the best oil to use!" LOL My first two mods were Custom Dynamics LEDs and KST bars. Many safe miles to you!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts