Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the Shark World! I think LEDs all around as a safety thing. Then like many have stated, ride it you will feel or notice if you want to do anything else. Be safe!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum...
Rex

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Welcome to RG and to the best forum.. As for changes ,wait a bit get some miles in the seat get to know the bike and how you fit together.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
First, Welcome to the Tank. Then, ride it to get the initial thrill of the ride. Then, plan on coming to the Annual Shark Week Rally (at the end of June this year) at Lake Tahoe. You can see many things individual changes made by other RG owners. You will find you’ll run out of money before ideas.
You can read Here about SWXI.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I started with Harley bag lights, shield and grips.

·
Registered
478 Posts
For your height I suggest either a Lucky Daves seat or a Saddleman. It will make you sit forward and more into the bike than on top of it like the stock seat. I would also get some T-Bars that fit your reach. Those 2 mods for us short guys make that bike feel and ride much like a dirt bike. You'll love it.

Welcome to the forum
Which Saddleman?

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! Looks a lot like my 2015 denim except yours is really clean and shiny...LOL! Upgrades? Depends on how you're going to ride? Put on a lot of miles or just bar hopping? If you're planning to do long rides then 1st upgrade needed IMO is suspension. HD stock suspension is crap. No seat will help that issue. I did it backwards with exhaust, air box and retune 1st. It all depends on what you're going to do with her.
Again, congrats!

·
Registered
2020 RGL
186 Posts
Ride it, Ride it, Ride it..... Then surf the Tank go to Bike nights in your area. Before long you will have a list of stuff you will want to swap out or add to that already sweet looking ride.

Congrats and welcome from the great state of KY

·
Registered
655 Posts
As other stated, ride it and that will tell you what the priorities are i.e. seat, suspension, ergonomics, power. Go slow grasshopper, or it'll deplete your bank account.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Congrats and welcome from SW Florida , as others have stated put some miles on then start to examine your needs

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,941 Posts
Any suggestions on Must upgrades?

Im super hyped to be part of the big family.

View attachment 424175
View attachment 424176
First of all, don't park next to a Street Glide (as in the pic above). Street Glides were the most popular model for quite a few years and now that the Road Glide has taken over as 'Top Dog' of the HD touring models, Street Glides are upset that they're no longer the 'belles of the ball' and if you park next to one, it'll try to piss all over your bike. You can see an example of that in the bottom photo. Poor losers.

As far as what mods to undertake first, I always suggest to new RG riders that they figure out just how they're going to use their bike (Commuting to work, doing weeks long vacation tours, mostly riding on Sundays with stops at several biker bars, etc.), then go use it for 30+ days and figure out what works ergonomically and what doesn't, then adjust accordingly. Handlebars, seats, and windshields are the items most likely to need changing to fit your specific riding needs. If you ride a lot of two lane roads with some rough sections or twisties, you might eventually consider upgrading the suspension. Stage 1 engine upgrades are one of the most popular upgrades undertaken. The bottom line is to go out and ride the snot out of it for at least 30 days, including at least a day or two of 300+ miles. Do that 2-up if that's how you'll ride most often. That's the only way you'll find out what the little things are that just don't fit your size or riding style and modify accordingly.

Whatever you choose to mod, we'll be there encouraging you all the way ..... we love helping other riders spend their hard earned money on mods ...... it helps us to justify all the money we poured into our own bikes!

Welcome from SW Florida

Reactions: DanHappy and Ceez

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
635 Posts
Welcome, if I was starting new, suspension, then bars if so inclined but nothing crazy, then seating if necessary...I run stock seat mainly, have a road seat for the OL. Then details. Motor is fine for me but many will say cam...my .02

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,941 Posts
Welcome to the Shark tank Corey, many safe miles on that sweet azz bike.
As a 5-6 rider myself, do NOT fall for the "lower the bike" crap. Look into another seat or seat modifications to your stock seat. I just purchased a solo seat that lets me sit flat footed at stops
That's great news, now you can stop wearing those platform disco shoes from the '80s whenever you ride!

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Welcome to the tank !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haha! Welcome! I bought the exact same color in November of last year. I did the same thing...fell in love with the river rock grey, black and chrome combo. First things I did:
  • Made sure to update the boom radio with the latest software for Android Auto/Apple Car Play
  • Added color matched lower fairings from Advanblack
  • Deleted the huge antenna, with the fairing antenna from Harley (I never use the radio)
  • Added LED lights (front and back) from Custom Dynamics
  • Added sequential bag lights from Custom Dynamics
  • Added a Ciro3D phone mount
I just took my seat into Mean City Cycles in NC to have it modified for my height/weight. I can barely flat foot the bike on the stock seat, but they will shave down the sides of the seat to make it easier at a stop.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Without a doubt, stage 2.
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great taste in color choice. Same as mine. Safety first. LED turn signals asap. Dump the crappy rear shocks,(any upgrade is better than stock). Then just ride until you know what you want to change. Congrats from Northern CA on a great bike.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa! Lots of good ideas / things already said to you for the future money spendichures.

I can...

Get used to it before changing anything. Dont rush to change unless you have to. Get used to it's moods and what it doesn't like.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 63 Posts