Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Congrats, Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
How not to end up with 3 seats two sets of handle bars. 3 windshields for you bike in a pile and wife asking we needed those why? While you are trying to figure out how to post parts for sale on line.
Seriously your ass needs to sit in a seat for a while before passing judgement not just a few short hops. Looking around at others ask question will help a lot.
Some will disagree but I have found the stock seats great on RGU and RG limited. Same with the bars

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the Shark 🦈 Tank from snowy Texas 🤘

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from Newfoundland! I rode my RGL for at least a couple of months before mods. First one will be the seat. I wanna completely transform the bike from a big comfy bike when I'm riding with the wife to a sleek sporty cruiser when I'm riding alone! The sky's the limit!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Upgrades? That’s my specialty. A lot of guys will say get new bars, intake and exhaust. And yes, definitely do that if that’s your thing. But the only upgrade I really recommend before all that are Öhlin’s front forks and rear shocks. Don’t get progressive and save a few extra bucks up for the Öhlin’s. And grab some Lyndal brake pads and throw them on. Now you’re safe(r).

Enjoy your scoot

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Lots of good suggestions but I'll recommend the most expensive upgrade you will ever put on the bike................... ..........a good blonde that likes to ride with ya.......lol

Nice ride, enjoy it.
Woah! Don't want to scare a new guy off with that expensive of accessory! That's another payment a month easily!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Woah! Don't want to scare a new guy off with that expensive of accessory! That's another payment a month easily!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Life hack: Find a foreign female, preferably from South America, or the Orient, and keep them away from American women all together. For the most part they don’t have the, “what are you going to do for me” mentality which stands in stark contrast to nature.

(Also.....remember if it floats, flies, or fucks, it’s cheaper to rent).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome From Pennsyltucky. I put custom dynamic low profile lights on the bags to get some more light out back. My seat is a mustang daytripper, its ok but you give up back rest with that particular seat. My only performance mods so far is a powervision bought from fuelmoto with the stock upgrade tune and slip ons. I put 12" meat hook bars on, didnt like the low slung factory bars but didnt want to go too high as my other bike has 18" bars. You can find a lot of help here from the group, but be prepared for them to help you spend your loot....

·
Registered
3 Posts
For your height I suggest either a Lucky Daves seat or a Saddleman. It will make you sit forward and more into the bike than on top of it like the stock seat. I would also get some T-Bars that fit your reach. Those 2 mods for us short guys make that bike feel and ride much like a dirt bike. You'll love it.

Welcome to the forum
I agree with Ceez that seat is a must. I’m 5’7” so air ride was my first must have and I switched my seat to a Corbin. They narrowed it near the tank and pushed me forward about an inch and a half. I’ve done quite a few other mods soon after. Enjoy the ride!!
6F7EB0C3-9262-45B2-8A73-449A87DB8DD2.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome, as a few of the other posts have stated, I too would say take your time as well, you’ll figure it out. Being a vertically challenged rider myself, the first thing I did was put on Legend Aero-air ride. The main reason for me was just so I could drop it down and feel more comfortable backing the bike up on inclines and rougher surfaces. Then I went nuts but I knew what I wanted to do before I even got it. Only 700 miles and 7k in mods, it’s easy to get wrapped up. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thanks everyone for the great response.
I got some LED parts for visibility because I will be commuting when its dark too.
Love the marriage jokes, my wife is getting angrier everytime a part arrives at the door lol.
I will ride it ride it and ride it and do some more to it.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Life hack: Find a foreign female, preferably from South America, or the Orient, and keep them away from American women all together. For the most part they don’t have the, “what are you going to do for me” mentality which stands in stark contrast to nature.

(Also.....remember if it floats, flies, or fucks, it’s cheaper to rent).
Yeah but once the foriegn ones get house broken that's over with too

41 - 60 of 63 Posts