Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from San Antonio, Texas.
Just bought a 2015 RGS last weekend which happens to be my first Harley. Got to ride the weekend and I can say my days of the crouch rocket are probably coming to a close. It's so comfortable it almost feels like cheating!!

Pics are all stock after I brought her home. She's now back at the dealer getting the Bassani Road Rage, stock cleaner mod with eagle filter, and a set of 204 cams.

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
Welcome from Florida. You joined in time to prepare for SW5, I'll let Triplej handle sending you the details, lol.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the tank. I too bought the road glide as my first Harley.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears I might be a little late to the shark party as all the rooms at the inn are gone. My mother lives out towards Mt. Home but thats a horrible deer infested ride after dark.. Probably better off at the YO or something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats and welcome to the tank. I too bought the road glide as my first Harley.
Thanks Paul and congrats on yours! I was a little concerned that it wouldn't have the power but it turned out to be a whole new type of enjoyment.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Colorado!

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
It appears I might be a little late to the shark party as all the rooms at the inn are gone. My mother lives out towards Mt. Home but thats a horrible deer infested ride after dark.. Probably better off at the YO or something.
Welcome from SoCal. Congrats on the new ride. Keep your eyes open in the Host Hotel if they are indeed booked for SWV. They're are usually quite a few cancellations as the event gets closer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Tank from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
10,230 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and to HD. Welcome from Maryland

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congrats & Welcome from West Tennessee... I put the 204's in my 2013 RGU
and I'm really happy with them.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, SC. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Appreciate the warm welcome. Lots of good info here and I was actually a little excited to see the following. I didnt do much research on the RG and had went to look at the SG. I think I made the right choice and couldnt be happier.

Got on the list to hit SWV, bought me some shirts and a coin, just need to pay for the dinner. Going to call the Inn tomorrow and see if there is a waiting list for cancellations. Don't want to wait too long but I am not a huge fan of the YO since it changed hands. You would think since I went to high school there I could find a place in town to crash :D

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Frisco! Glad to hear you will be coming to SWV. Unless the rest of the rooms booked up in the last couple of days without my knowledge there should still be rooms available. If you are simply calling the hotel without giving them our code they will tell you the hotel is full. The details for booking a room are in the attached link if you have not yet seen them.

Click here for SWV info: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=168026

I will touch base with the Venue tomorrow and see if we are indeed booked up but I just spoke with them yesterday about having an overflow hotel ready if/when the need arises so I believe you should be able to get one still.

Please let me know what your outcome is.

Triplej

1 - 20 of 21 Posts