Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Pics are a go! Looking good. I want the Evil Apes. Not sure if I want 14 or 17 . I am 5' 10", how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? Can you also share some info of any cable or wiring experiences, tricks or frustrations as a heads-up? I notice the new Agitator wheel, NICE!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 5 11 havnt rode with these bars yet but feel like the 16s i had on my super glide so i am sure i will love them will get more pics in a couple weeks as we are trailering to vegas cant wait

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as tips it was really straight forward and simple for me. I did have to pull the rh side wires out as i ran them before the tbw and couldnt get them to pass eachother in the dimpled part of the 1 inch bar. After that was simple as these are 1.5s couldnt imagine doing 1.25 yaffee bars you guys must have more patients than I. Also added cruise and the agitator wheels. Have a buddy in parts at the harley store and thanks to him some rich doctor sold me the set wheels and rotors and tires front and back off of his CVO for 600 bones I was tickled the wife NOT SO MUCH!

·
Registered
855 Posts
and thanks to him some rich doctor sold me the set wheels and rotors and tires front and back off of his CVO for 600 bones I was tickled the wife NOT SO MUCH!
You need to present to her how much you saved and not how much you spent. Also, "they were super cute and the last one and this other guy was gonna buy them and he cut in front of you in line..... "

Well, that's how my other half presents things to me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To anyone thinking about these bars they are 41.5 inches wide I myself thought maybe this was too wide for the sharknose and thought about it a long time but couldnt find any pics of the 1.5s on a glide so just went with it and they really belong on this bike they look awsome. Also had a dissapointment in the riser from Carlini. I went to bolt down the bars and ran out of threads in the .25 inch bolts they sent with the riser. The bolts were about a quarter inch too long havent contacted Carlini with this but am going to contact them. I used the Road King riser and it did work great with a little modification to the top of the riser itself as it hit the neutral, oil and bright light instrument. But this was no issue as Carlini sent plenty of aluminum on the riser to grind off.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
This is my third set of Carlini's, and I've been very pleased with all of them. I particularly like these. 1 1/2", black, and ride great.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the price I paid for that riser I was a little surprized that I had any issues at all it should have been perfect

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks GREAT!!... Of course I'm biased!!!:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
You did well with the photos, nor sure about your bars for me (too high) but I am looking to raise mine some, just not quite that much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts