Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to brag about but it felt good to get out. Went about 4 miles to lunch and 4 miles back to my watering hole. The trips were just enough to get the grips warm. There were four other bikes at the bar. One, another Road Glide had the DM headlights and I started talking to the owner about them. He paid almost $1000 for them and LED turnlights installed. I said I have some bright lights too that only cost $70. So we lined up in the parking lot and tested our lights. No way it was a good scientific comparison. It wasn't dark enough and we were too close to the end of the lot, but it did give us an indication of how the HID's stack up against the DM's. They both looked pretty good. The DM's were bluer than my 5000k HID's, which was expected. They both had different sweet spots. So it was hard to tell which would do better on the highway. We both agreed that both of these lights give you a nice wide pattern to see those critters on the side of the road. Hope we get to try these again under better conditions. But right now I think the HID's were a steal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The wife n I also went out for a little 50 mile run yesterday, felt good to get it out of the garage for the first time this year.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
The wife and I also got out yesterday. Went to the dealer in Bloomington had 35 bikes show up rode total around 40 miles. It is not very often here to have a 48 degree day in January.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If H-D dealer had installed your $70 HIDs they would be $570 HIDs. :) I have been lucky to get out a couple times, including today here in the heart of the Bluegrass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts