Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow, the wife and I will be heading out on our first road trip on the RGU I bought last fall..
We are traveling from Ky to Ocala FL...and are really stoked about it..

I came from the land of Softail's,I had a Fatboy for years and we made some day trips of 200 miles or so but never did a long one.
Keep us in your prayers..

Daren

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Sounds like good times are upon you my friend. Road trippin on a glide is a slice of rollin heaven. Ride safe, and pics please. Some of us aren't headed out for another couple of months. We have to long haul vicaiously through you folks. :D

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
enjoy yourself and b safe

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The shark has a healthy appetite & will devour the miles. Youll be surprised how fast the miles ago. Travel safe....

....was gonna say you're gonna love it but then u already know that!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Enjoy your trip. They are a great bike for long distance trips, no harley is better on the interstate.

I can tell you a 650 mile day on the Road glide is about the same on the body as a 400 mile day on the fatboy:). I still have my fatboy, an 03 I bought new in Oct 02. It has 39K miles on it.

I traded my 09 CVO road glide in on a new CVO road glide in Dec 11. The 09 had 42K miles on it. So you can see they eat the miles well.

The 12 CVO road glide I picked up Dec 2nd has 7500 miles on it, and I have been out of the country over 130 days that I have owned the bike.

Rode from TN to Key West and back the end of march, a great ride:D

·
Registered
955 Posts
That's fantastic. You're going to have a great trip. Enjoy the freedom you're about to experience and just watch. Soon after you get home and rested up you'll start planning your next tour.

Beautiful bike you've got there, too by the way. Best color ever!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks everyone,I will take as many pics as possible and if I can get the laptop on the bike I will post along the way...

We are going down through Tennesee and Georgia and coming back through Alabama.2 days down to a friends house in Ocala,hang out there a couple of days then head back,planning on taking 3 days to get home..Just have to see how it goes,I don't want to plan too much,just enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Have a great trip, be safe, and stay alert out there. Your wife should be very comfortable on back. Not a single complaint about her back side hurting last year on a 5K mile trip.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
remember to keep the rubber side down ;). have a great time out there. you and the Mrs. should be pleased

·
Registered
946 Posts
Enjoy the Glide and the ride.

Stephen

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
We made it to my friends house in Florida,nice ride in on Fri. However Thursday we rode in the rain all day,around 400 miles or so...GLAD I bought rain gear...953 miles so far on the trip and we are riding over to the eastern coast today...:D

I have taken several photos and I will post them when I get home..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ride safe and have fun! Post some stories along the way.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts