Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I was finally in a position to get a Dyno Pull on the bike. I've never had it tuned or Dyno'd since I had all the work done when I got the bike. That was 53K miles ago.

Looks like there's a lot of room for improvement. Running a bit lean, but I am not surprised since the original tune was from the Dealer when the build was new.

Max Power 97.12 bhp @ 4918.6 rpm, Max Torque 117.88 Ft/lb @ 3865.5 rpm

Horsepower is about where I expected, but I was only expecting mid/upper 90's on the Torque. I was pleasantly surprised with the 117 Ft/lb.

Dyno Pull, no tuning, 03/19/2016.
2012 FLTRU Originally a 103, but installed 110 kit at ~ 250 miles. Currently has 53K miles.

Vance and Hines Power Duals with Hi-Output Slip ons
SE Heavy Breather
SE110 Heads
SE255 Cam
SE Race Tuner

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your numbers are in line for a stock 110 83-95 hp is typical. Your on the higher side. In regards to the torque most are 105 - 110 depending on the year of the bike some go a little higher some a little lower. The dyno type will also skew that a little, but your right there and should be happy other than maybe a little tweaking on the fuel mapping.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm pretty happy. Seat-of-the-Pants Dyno tells me it's doing good. If I had the extra cash to throw at it I would get a full tune on it. I know there's a bit more power out there if I did that, but for now, I'm happy. Really, I was just curious what it would do.

Max torque is about where I figured it would be RPM-wise. I was surprised that it was rated as high as it was though.

I knew the power started to roll on about 3K, and pulled strong above that. That's exactly what I want in my bike. Most of my miles are on the open highway and 3k rpm = 80 mph for me in 6th gear. Perfect for cruising, with plenty of power to accelerate from there.

It's not on the chart, but top end on the dyno hit 145mph. I've hit 115mph several times on the road and the bike still had plenty to give, so that number doesn't surprise me, I just don't plan on seeing it on the open road. :eek:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I didn't want to pay around $500 for a full tune, and I know approximately where my AFR is thanks to the dyno pull I got a couple of weeks ago, I bought the Screamin' Eagle Tuner Cable Kit, Part Number 32184-08A, and downloaded the Tuner Software from Harley last night.

I'm not going to make any radical changes, but I figure I can fatten it up a little bit where it's really lean in the 70 - 100% throttle settings.

I figure that way I can try to make it run a bit better in the hard pull zone, but not mess up my cruising mileage.

I'll let you folks know how that works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts