Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are headed up to Mt cheaha for first time next sunday for a few days.

anyone been up there? have any points of interest or roads we should check out ?

be our first anniversary:) we took bike to get married last year in gatlinburg..was only natural to take road trip on bike to celebrate first anniversary RIGHT :):):)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Definitely go to Bald Rock while you're there. It's at the top of the mountain, past the store and hotel.
Be careful on certain parts of the road to the top. There are quite a few stretches of road with loose rock/pavement. I think they do it intentionally to slow the sport bikes down but it can get a little dicey if you go hard into some of the corners.
Ride safe and Happy Anniversary!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,233 Posts
if ya come in from the Talladega side , its a narrow little road for seven or eight miles , 281 from the other side is a nice ride and better road surface

JtB

·
Registered
853 Posts
I wouldn't ride the road in from Talladega if you're not a good rider. I wouldn't ride it if you're a GOOD rider!

It was pretty hairy the last time Ranger75 and I rode through there. I frankly think it's dangerous....not so much the road, but the other drivers. Think of it as a real rough driveway with 16 year old local boys in their daddie's pickup trucks flyin' around tight curves WAY too fast, oh, and you're comin' around the other way...did I mention there is gravel and rocks in a lot of the curves???

But the other road like Jack and Jesse have said is real nice! Pretty area! Little River Canyon is also a real nice place!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary. Well done. If you can let us know where you are coming from, we can give you some good roads to ride.

If coming from Birmingham, and have a little time you should stop at Barber Motor Sports and check out their museum. Either way, you should ride 25 down to Childersburg and then cut over.

If you are coming from the north, maybe you can hit some of the little river canyon.

·
Super Moderator
10,233 Posts
He's in Fairhope , so he'll be coming up 65 , trying to recall which exit Hwy 25 is , 228 I think and that's the ramp they been working on as well ..

I'm off 186 and it aint far up to Hwy 25

straitest shot for him is to pick up 231 in Montgomery and run up 231/21 to Cheaha

JtB

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies...we are headed up sunday ..stayin at victoria inn in anniston til thursdsy(looked like a cool place for anniversary)

Plan on riding everyday.. old .friend from sylacauga may hook up with us wed..
Any help would be great...think i have heard of bald rock..

Not gonna say i am expert rider...but i did live in northern calif most of my life...riding foothills and mountain roads,,,so i love winding curvy roads.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see few waterfalls listed off little river canyon...(desoto , grace and little river falls)

how far is this from anniston and how would i go to get there ?

·
Super Moderator
10,233 Posts
Noccalula is right off I59 in Gadsden , run up 431 to Gadsden , not far at all

Little River Canyon is off 59 near Fort Payne , 40 miles or so north on 59 from Gadsden

JtB

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we had a great time.... lots of great riding roads and scenery. being from south alabama...all flat and straight... i thought i was in another state...LOL

mt cheaha is great ride and dont miss hywy 176(little river canyon) out of ft payne down to little river falls....great twisty road with greats views and lookouts... can hike down to waterfall itself..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Great dealership also. Mu stator went out on me Sunday before last on my way to Asheville. Limped it in and stayed the night next door to Mt Cheaha HD. Monday morning at 8AM they got my bike in and fixed and back on the road by lunch. Covered under the extended warranty and everything. Great bunch of people. Oh yeah there was only one tech there. Other was at a funeral and they had other appointments but got me back on the road quick.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's cool. It's good to hear something positive about a Harley dealership for a change.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts