Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we'll be leaving Canton, Ohio on Sunday June 30th to head to York and take a tour. After that it's pretty much up in the air. My wife has never been to Baltimore or the D.C. area so I thought we'd head down there for a day or so. After that, it's up in the air. I know I want to be out of D.C. before the 4th to avoid the crowds so we may head down the coast along the ocean before turning west and then back north.

Any suggestions or ideas you can share with us as far as "must see" or roads to ride? We'll also be going to the CVO GTG in Maggie Valley in September so I'm not too worried about hitting the TOD or BRP during that week in July.

I know she'll have to learn how to pack light as the only thing I'm willing to put on the TP is our raingear in a duffle.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Annapolis Maryland is beautiful. In fact I am sitting in a hotel room in Annapolis right now. I'm visiting my sons, one who is a senior at the Naval Academy here in Annapolis, and the other is a Navy Hospital Corpsman at Walter Reed in Bethesda. Ocean City isn't too far away either. Quantico has a great Marine Corp museum, it's only a few years old and is free. Take interstate 68 through West Virginia - it's a beautiful highway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
593 Posts
In DC visit Fort Washington Harley Saturday morning for a free BBQ or hambuger. Of course the Smithsonian Museums....in particular Air and Space in Dulles Va....

From York cut across to Gettysburg battle field then come down to DC it's a nice ride.

Be safe and enjoy

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
From York cut across to Gettysburg battle field then come down to DC it's a nice ride.

Be safe and enjoy
+1 on visiting Gettysburg but going to York Gettysburg would be on the way from Canton. I'm not sure of the mileage but I'd leave Canton and stop at Shanksville at the Flight 93 Memorial then go on to Gettysburg. Gettysburg is a cool, interesting place. It'd be worth your while to spend a day there. Then York is only about 30-40 miles from there. Then come back around to Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah Valley.

The Lincoln Hwy., Rt. 30 is a pretty nice ride across Pennsylvania although some parts are pretty congested. Pa. is a beautiful state with some great riding. There are some good roads down around Puxutawney (Ground Hogville). You can even go to the end of the world at The Worlds End State Park. My OL always wanted to go to Hershey and Hershey Park, I guess it's some kind of amusement park based on chocolate LOL.

With all the great riding in Pa., Maryland, Va.,West Va. etc. I don't know why you'd want to ride around large cities like Baltimore unless you have something in particular you wanted to see.

Course everyone's different, thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So we'll be leaving Canton, Ohio on Sunday June 30th to head to York and take a tour. After that it's pretty much up in the air. My wife has never been to Baltimore or the D.C. area so I thought we'd head down there for a day or so. After that, it's up in the air. I know I want to be out of D.C. before the 4th to avoid the crowds so we may head down the coast along the ocean before turning west and then back north.

Any suggestions or ideas you can share with us as far as "must see" or roads to ride? We'll also be going to the CVO GTG in Maggie Valley in September so I'm not too worried about hitting the TOD or BRP during that week in July.

I know she'll have to learn how to pack light as the only thing I'm willing to put on the TP is our raingear in a duffle.:rolleyes:
What its this CVO get together you speak of?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Blue Ridge Mountain. Go southeast hit Skyline Drive, take it down and get off at Buena Vista, VA. My home town as a kid. Small town but beautiful trip. A lot of historic site close by, Natural Bridge, Lexington, etc. a lot of switch backs on Blue Ridge, if she doesn't like them 81 parallels. You wouldn't regret the ride.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update on this one. Couldn't get into York the week over the 4th of July so we're heading over there for a day trip right after Memorial Day. That'll leave the whole week of July4th open for any kind of meandering around the Appalachian and East Coast area.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
Sounds like it will be a great trip. If you can I highly suggest hitting the Tail of the Dragon and hwys surrounding that area. Beautiful country..

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WTF???? Tropical weather stalls off the east coast resulting in heavy rains in our riding area next week!!!!!!!!:mad:

Looks like we'll have to change our plans and head west. Gotta be some good roads out that way. Keep an eye out for us anyone from Ky to MO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts