Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got offered a good deal on rear adjustable Harley shocks from a 2019 touring.

The Harley site doesn’t list them as fitting on my 2013 Fltrx. Anyone know for certain if they’ll bolt on and properly fit?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes they should bolt up. Both models use 13” shocks.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I believe 99 and up the fitment never changed.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Yes they should bolt up. Both models use 13” shocks.
yes, they will fit, and actually both models have 12'' shocks. the ultras have 13'' shocks, and if you can find those, even better. that extra inch of travel makes a huge difference.

I believe 99 and up the fitment never changed.
while they will physically fit, you don't want to use the premium hand adjustable shocks on the older swingarms. the newer swingarms are a lot more robust and are designed to handle the different loads put on it. the hd shocks are really a mono shock with a dummy shock on the right

check out this video:

Reactions: Big_gary

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
yes, they will fit, and actually both models have 12'' shocks. the ultras have 13'' shocks, and if you can find those, even better. that extra inch of travel makes a huge difference.

while they will physically fit, you don't want to use the premium hand adjustable shocks on the older swingarms. the newer swingarms are a lot more robust and are designed to handle the different loads put on it. the hd shocks are really a mono shock with a dummy shock on the right

check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKZ1BQgXPuc
Yep. I forgot all about that. Ignore my comment earlier.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I thought the hd adj shock was a 12" on the special-I had a older set that was 12-then I got a set of 2018 special-they were 12"-the newer ones have smaller coils
Yes they are. Specials are 12” and Ultras are 13”. I got them mixed up.

Reactions: macabra11
1 - 8 of 8 Posts