Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an 85 FLTC. It has been previously modified (see my new user check-in with pics).

I'm new to touring bikes in general and especially the Road/Tour Glides. My question is, what year Road Glide parts will fit on my 85 Tour Glide? Specifically I'm concerned with Tins, fairing, front end, seat.

Thanks Much for any help!

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
the only one I know for certain will fit is the front fender it hasnt changed since 1980

big thing with the fairing will be the mounting bracket to the frame , not certain of it , but will need the crash bars in place , as they are a mounting point as well

the seat ?? frame has changed a couple times since then , that'll be hard to find thru Harley anyways

JtB

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hi there! I had an '85 Tour Glide, and like you I tried to adapt as many "new" components as I could to my older bike. It can be done.... kinda'. :) When I get home from work, I'll see what pics I can round up to maybe help you at least a little bit.

I can say, you need be fairly adapt at fabrication to make most of this work. When the dust finally settled on my '85, I had bags off a 2009, a factory headpipe from an '09, side panels from an '05, Front fender from an '07, Seat from an '04, and Moved the battery to under the seat between the frame rails.

When it came to the Inner & Outer Fairing, I had one for an '07 in stock, and decided not to install it because of the amount of work it would take... I certainly think it could be done, but you would have to completely fabricate the mount.

I'll post what I can tonight in terms of pictures.

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
yeah the frame mount will be a beast , mebbe you could find a TG inner and outer , had an 84 and 88 and tho they were definetly fugly , I liked that fairing much better than the current oneJtB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts