Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barbara is thinking about visiting grand kids this month (April)....SO.....I am
thinking about a ride, up to Georgia. To the Air Force Museam at Robins AFB, not sure of the day. She is leaving the 20th...so whatever day I (we) ride, would leave early to get up there, tour the museam a bit...and ride back.
I am NOT against a ride up and motel'ing it for a ride back the next day.
I am retired Air Force and have always wanted to go, so I am going.
Just putting out a feeler for others. (Not much shark action in Central Florida)

Chuck the Mensh

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm about 15 minutes south of the museum so let me know if and when you come up this way. Depending on when I might be able to meet up with ya.

There are a few forum members from around here but I haven't met any of them in person yet. So maybe we can make a small meet and greet out of it.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Chuck

Let me know when you are going up. I may be able to get away for a day or two.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two. Stan, if one day is better for you let me now. My Boss is pretty good about my time off as long as I give him five days notice. One day riding to me is as good as another.....(I lean towards Friday...being if I get stuck somewhere, I have the weekend to get back home).

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I don't have any Friday meetings so just about any Friday is good for me. I do volunteer work and sometimes go to court on M-Th but Friday is good.:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
April 25th looks like a good day. I would have to reschedule a dental appointment is all. I will submit the 'time-off' slip to the boss.
From daytona, it will be a five hour ride. You OK with this Stan?
Want to make this an 'over-nighter'? I am not much of a planner....Barbara does that. I am more of a 'ride until you find a room' kind of person.
According to my GPS....the route takes us up to Jacksonville....and then West. We might be able to pick up some people?
How early do you get up Stan?

Chuck

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Usually around 9:00. Then meds, coffee, newspaper, etc. Sucks to be retired....LOL!!!!

That's the Leesburg week-end. I need to meet with Paul from Painted fairings that week-end. How about the 18th instead?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually around 9:00. Then meds, coffee, newspaper, etc. Sucks to be retired....LOL!!!!

That's the Leesburg week-end. I need to meet with Paul from Painted fairings that week-end. How about the 18th instead?
The 18th is Good Friday, and I have to repair the Catholic School water meter while they are closed. So I am locked in for the 25th.

Chuck

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
OK. Another missed connection. Have a good time. Maybe later.:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tentative plan is to leave Daytona area......7AM (ish)....arrive at the museam
after 1 PM (stopping for a bite eat on the way kind-of-thing).
Haven't decided on a stay over...but if I did, a ride to Macon the next day
for a ride through may be worthy (Confederate Museam....cemetery where Duane Allman is buried...)?

Chuck

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a bump. Boss OK'd my friday "day off'. Riding to Warfner Robbins GA.....see the US Air Force Museam. Probably stay over night near Macon.
This coning Friday.

Chuck

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rode towards Macon, GA Friday. Went to AF Museam at Warner Robbins. Great to look at the aircraft on display. Got me a room at a ramada inn.....$56 including tax. Woke up early, had a waffle house breakfast. Punched in Andersonville POW museam/ Civil War Prison camp....GPS said 42 miles away, estimated time of travel......one hour twenty minutes! You know you have a good ride with those stats. Took 75 south towards home....took rt 100 from Lake City. Biuke wantd to stop at Cheyenne saloon in Palatka. Got home
and checked my mailbox (by the street). All in all, a great ride.
Bikle is bug filled....but tomorrow is another day.
May ride down Grills in Eau Gallie for my 'special'.....2 dozen oysters and some conch fritters.

Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts