Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY,,, FLASH your OWN Harley Infotainment Radio.

Just released by J&M, this new Techno-Research Harley radio flash kit, allows YOU the rider to flash or re-flash your 2014-2020 Harley Infotainment radio using your own computer.

NO-MORE paying high prices and BEGGING your Harley dealer to flash your radio and then BEGGING someone else to fix what the dealer fouled up!

Complete information here on the J&M website, and these new kits are IN-STOCK for immediate delivery. https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=TRAF-HD1420

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
FINALLY,,, FLASH your OWN Harley Infotainment Radio.

Just released by J&M, this new Techno-Research Harley radio flash kit, allows YOU the rider to flash or re-flash your 2014-2020 Harley Infotainment radio using your own computer.

NO-MORE paying high prices and BEGGING your Harley dealer to flash your radio and then BEGGING someone else to fix what the dealer fouled up!

Complete information here on the J&M website, and these new kits are IN-STOCK for immediate delivery. https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=TRAF-HD1420
I know TR also has a tuning device which I can't remember the name of it right now. Is this device offered on your site limited to just the radio flash or are there any other features such as cycling the ABS pump available on this model?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
noticed that the unit gets vin locked to a certain vehicle. wonder if that has any warranty implications, ie. does it leave a footprint behind that the digital tech would interpret as an aftermarket tune?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
noticed that the unit gets vin locked to a certain vehicle. wonder if that has any warranty implications, ie. does it leave a footprint behind that the digital tech would interpret as an aftermarket tune?
Good question. Service manager told me yesterday that the update to their software has a tattle tale program. it immediately flags an aftermarket tuner and there is nothing they can do about it. One they plug in and it sees it. You're done.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I know TR also has a tuning device which I can't remember the name of it right now. Is this device offered on your site limited to just the radio flash or are there any other features such as cycling the ABS pump available on this model?

Thanks

I think the TR tool is called diag4bikes and runs about $1500 but can do the ABS and anything to do with ECM or BCM flashes except tuning. The last time I looked the tuning piece was totally separate. For the first time in recorded history I look forward to a JM response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: phillyfan1

·
Registered
761 Posts

Interested in the answer to that for sure. The part about being tied to a VIN certainly raises questions. I have 2 bikes so would be cool if I could do them both, but not buying 2 units. Of course I understand JMs perspective, if it isn’t limited somehow that would kill sales so can’t blame them for that. Same reason the tuners are VIN locked, but some do have dual licenses like my TTS. Even if it doesn’t affect the part of the ECM that the mothership cares about anything that is tied to a VIN is a potential concern. Interested to hear JMs response.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice product, but it is convenient for a professional installer and not for a private for maybe one or two runs in a lifetime.
If I had to invest in a flashing tool I would go (like I did) for Diag4bike; it is true its cost is 4 times higher, but it is equivalent to digital Technician and cover the whole bike electronics.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
No. You need to flash the radio just once. And better find Rockford Fosgate dealer so they can flash your radio with RF flash. One of the best flash for me
So you're saying there isn't much of a need for this?

Nice product, but it is convenient for a professional installer and not for a private for maybe one or two runs in a lifetime.
If I had to invest in a flashing tool I would go (like I did) for Diag4bike; it is true its cost is 4 times higher, but it is equivalent to digital Technician and cover the whole bike electronics.
It ties to the VIN so the installer thing goes out the window.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yes. You will need it only once. Flash the radio and enjoy your system. Better spend that money for new speakers or amp.

RF dealer might flash your radio for no more than 100$ some of them can flash it for free.

I wear a headset so all the speaker amp stuff is worthless to me. LOL. Just curious what purpose this would serve.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have a TR scantool for business.. so mine does not lock to a VIN.

I will tell you this...

Once flashed by TR.. you are good... UNTIL Digital Technician II accesses the radio for whatever reason ( enable/disable features) DT II will revert back to only the options Harley allows.. weather it's a stock 2 speaker for a special or 4 speakers for ultra/CVO.. that depends on the bike.

Then you MUST reflash with TR Scantool to get the proper config back for your aftermarket audio

I just did this yesterday on a 2019 GTS radio I installed in a 2018 CVO... lost the audio config once DT II was hooked up to activate a few things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The TR Radio Flash unit is made for just the audio for speaker/amplifier configuration changes ,,,, we certainly don't want to step on any EPA or CARB toes ,,,,,

as for how often it is needed ? ,,, hard to say, Harley Dealers have a tendency to mess up a person's speaker FLASH when they are in there updating a customers bike, for totally unrelated reasons ,,,,

and when you consider, shipping BOTH ways and the $75 Flash Fee that J&M charges for their Stage5 radio flash at the factory, the price of the single flash is going to approach $200 anyway ,,,,

the new J&M/TR unit not ONLY has the option to FLASH the radio with the J&M custom Stage5 flash, but the HogTunes, Fosgate, Kicker, Soundz flashes as well ,,,, so you can literally try them all if you are unsatisfied with particular brand ,,,,

if you are into your audio system and like to push the performance envelope ,,,, this tool is a simple no-brainer in my opinion ,,,, https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=TRAF-HD1420 ,,,

and a good video here as to WHY the specific radio flash is important for audio system performance ,,,

·
Registered
28 Posts
For $200 more you can program your radio, program a key fob, bleed your ABS, and more. Search Daytona TwinTec TwinScan 4.

I don't have enough posts so I can't post a link.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The fact that it’s VIN locked once used is a big turn off for this. Just more junk from J&M.

Reactions: phillyfan1

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The fact that it’s VIN locked once used is a big turn off for this. Just more junk from J&M.

It's not JUNK... the TR Scantool is a valuable piece of equipment.... it's how you buy the licences that restrict its use.. there are many tools that can be utilized within.. depending on the license ... it's also a tuner and much more

Reactions: Ickshter

·
Registered
11 Posts
From my understanding the BT355 line leveler covers this without having to flash. At under $100, seems like the better choice overall.

But pretty cool they have something for us to do our own flashing!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
From my understanding the BT355 line leveler covers this without having to flash. At under $100, seems like the better choice overall.

But pretty cool they have something for us to do our own flashing!
The line levers work.... but not as good as a flash. A flash ensures the best possible signal from the deck without having to be 'filtered'... keep that in mind

Reactions: RGKen
1 - 20 of 27 Posts