Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a reasonably priced 6.5GT radio for my 2015 RG. In talking to the local dealers parts dept, I learned that you have to flash the radio's firmware to properly EQ the radio to different bike's since it's used in Road Glides, Street Glides and other touring models.

My question is: is this a separate firmware flash, or is it contained in the most recent firmware update from HD?

·
Registered
408 Posts
The "flash" and the HD updates are separate items. The updates don't change the flash, the flash has to been done by the dealer. Anyone can perform the updates.

Unless it's been flashed for something other than stock your fine.

If the radio came out of a Street or Road Glide and you want to run rear speakers, you will need a stock Ultra flash (that's 0 amp, 4 speakers).

Probably best to have it flashed to a stock Ultra even if you don't plan on running rears (it activates the fader option btw) in case you ever change your mind, that happens a lot when upgrading audio :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bunker. That explains a lot. The head unit is brand new. Never been in a bike. Arrived with the plastic film still on the screen. Once the GPS antenna arrives at the local dealer, I'll install it all. We shall see!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts