Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've tried a few different highway pegs that mount to the engine guard but nothing seems to fit me perfectly. Problems I have with them are either they are too far away or they stick out too far on the sides. No splits here!

I'm thinking about trying some sort system which attaches to the floorboards.

Anyone try any of these types?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Flip blades

I have been on a bike with them, and liked the placement. My only concern is that the ones I rode with were fixed into place once flipped out. I did not find a way to retract them while moving. ??? Had to stop and fidget with them to go back in. Could have just been this paticular set, but not sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Dukk has a set of these and really likes them. I will pm him to respond.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have them on my 05 and find them comfortable. My inseam is 33" and seat sits me back 1", that worked out well for me. Only dislike is you must remember to retract them before coming to a stop because you will likely catch your boot when putting feet down.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

I have them and the work great for me. I'm 5'10
Remember to fold them in when laying it into the corners.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I picked up a set of IMT Jac-knife pegs from Iron Aces Speed Shop. Those people are great to deal with. I'm 5'8" and they fit me perfectly. You do have to fold them in when you stop but now its second nature. Easy to install too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have lowers on your bike, check first.
The ones that I was looking at could not be
used with factory lower fairings.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I found this thread through a search and it's exactly what I was looking for. Here are my questions if anyone can help...

Are the easily deployed while riding it do they have to be deployed at a stop?

Do they fold back in easily?

Do they diminish any cornering ability due to the extra metal under the floor board?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking to remove the engine guard but still want some sort of highway peg.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3813/flip-blades
I have these on and use them quite a bit. They fold upward if they make contact similar to the way the floorboards do.
They cannot be extended/retracted while riding.
The right ride gets very warm in the summer though.
Even with the factory "heat shields".
Requires minimal drilling to install.
There are models for stock or swept boards with reduced reach available as well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmmm... The only thing that holds me up is the fact that I can't extend them while riding. I'd prefer something that I could kick out with my foot.

Either that or something to rest my heel on. I saw a heel rest on eBay but a review here for that item was terrible.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts