Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the news reports about the floods in northern and central Tx it's starting to give me a little concern. Some of the locals please reassure me of road conditions. Should we fab pontoons to our bikes or just bring some off road tires. Original route thru Dallas then Waco occurred now looking to go further south along 10 then Houston floods. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
 

·
Life Member
Joined
·
5,434 Posts
We certainly appreciate everyone’s concern with the current weather being reported in Texas. With that said, I wouldn't worry to much about the weather affecting Shark Week V. Texas flood waters generally recede pretty quickly and the current weather forecast for the Kerrville area shows very nice weather for the next 10 days with little to no chance of rain. We are hoping for clearer skies from here on out.

Andyman is actually down there this weekend to do some recon for us and checking out the roads, etc. He will report back on what he finds and if there are any issues we will make any necessary route changes. I serious doubt there will be any issues but rest assured we have plenty of other opportunities if there are. Bingo anyone? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
WARNING !!! Triplej and his better half were BIG TIME Bingo winners last year. Play at your own risk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
Yesterday's Recon

Nancy and I drove to Kerrville yesterday and set out to check our routes for any areas of concern. The short answer- there were no concerns with any of the planned roads.

We left Kerrville and rode along and beyond the Guadalupe River and while the river was high, it was well within it's banks and actually looked beautiful. Still a lot of wildflowers blooming.

The ride down to Vanderpool on 187 was great, highland ranch land though, so that would be expected.

We turned onto the first of the 3 Sisters (337) and were pleased at the conditions until we got to an area where there had been an accident- Starflight had been called in to get a motorist who went off the road. We were turned back and had to loop back around via hwy 187 to Utopia and then on RR 1050 back to Leakey.

We crossed 2 low water crossings on the Sabinal River on this stretch of 187 that had water over the road. We were caging it so no prob but I wouldn't have attempted to cross it on a bike.

We got to Leakey and had lunch at the Bent Rim Bar and Grill and the skies opened up again, with lots of lightning. We decided to head back to New Braunfels.

We did have conversations with locals who verified that the roads that make up the 3 Sisters were all open and rider friendly.

As TripleJ mentioned, water runs off fast here in central Texas. There is a LOT of rock under our soil. The forecast is favorable for the next 10 days. By then things will be back to normal around here.

I hope to get back out next weekend to recon again.

I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple of week!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
I was wondering up hear in Canada what we are headed for between the tornados, flooding and shootings in WACO :eek: thanks for the reassurance that things will get better...lol Looking forward to seeing everyone again. RIDE SAFE
cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was debating whether to plan the end of my route or stick to the "coin flip" method. Looks like coin flip will win:D

7 days to go before i take off and cant wait!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top