Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Any suggestions on how to make floor board extenders? I want to move mine out a little.
I ran a set of 1 inch spacers for a while on my TRX, so my leg would have more room around the air breather. Can't say it was the best mod I ever did.

It made the cast bracket drag in a hard lean, and the brackets don't give. I took them off and went with a smaller air breather.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I also use the Kuryakyn out and ups. Keeps all the folding capabilities functional. Didnt change anything on shift levers or brake pedal and it works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kind of late to the party on this thread because I've been lurking here instead of piping up (wait for it!) but I moved mine out 1.25" by buying four longer, stainless bolts of the same grade and thread, and having the cat at my go-to indie hardware store cut me four pieces of galvanized water pipe the same length.

After a rattle can job on the pipe chunks, I removed the floorboards. Slide the new bolt through the floorboard bracket, through the pipe shim, and using the 3 hands you were born with, tighten and torque. Just kicking it out that little bit made a world of difference for my big feet.

It's a good idea to take the bolts with you; the front one and rear one are slightly different lengths. I did this last fall on my 2013, and don't remember exactly, but I think it's a half inch difference. Whatever it is, it's the same on both sides.

Total expenditure, including tax: $14.34, not counting the bit of paint I splattered on the shims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts