Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be replacing my jiffy stand with one that is powder coated black. I found the stand in black but not it’s mounting bracket. So I’m going to pull the bracket off the bike to powder coat it. Can anyone tell me the torque value for the bolts holding the floorboard brackets. They pass through the jiffy stand bracket. I am assuming the other bolts holding the jiffy stand bracket have the same torque value but don’t know that for sure. If anyone knows that too it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
How hard is it to replace both the kickstand and kickstand mount?

Thanks in advance for the help!
it is super easy. don't listen to anyone who says you need vice grips, pennies, etc. you don't need that. you do need someone to hold the bike up for you, or a wheel chock. just take the locking tab off the top of the jiffy, rotate forward towards the front tire (don't let it swing and ding your fender), replace spring, swing jiffy back and replace locking tab on the top. takes 5 minutes....

not normally a fan of lab videos, but there is so much misinformation out there ie. penny stacking, vice grips, big crescent wrenches for leverage, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it is super easy. don't listen to anyone who says you need vice grips, pennies, etc. you don't need that. you do need someone to hold the bike up for you, or a wheel chock. just take the locking tab off the top of the jiffy, rotate forward towards the front tire (don't let it swing and ding your fender), replace spring, swing jiffy back and replace locking tab on the top. takes 5 minutes....

not normally a fan of lab videos, but there is so much misinformation out there ie. penny stacking, vice grips, big crescent wrenches for leverage, etc.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts