Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new seat put on (Mustang wide tripper solo seat) and 14" yaffe bars and let me tell you how much more comfortable my bike is to ride now, no more lower back pain and the boys are happy. Now I need to get my feet and legs comfortable. I have been browsing around on here and noticed floorboard extensions seem like a must have item and help out a lot. Sorry for the stupid question that is about to come but I have to ask, what exactly do they do? I can assume they are just brackets that go in the holes that your floorboards bolt to. I noticed a lot of people like the Harley goodie ones but I can not find them no where so I am assuming they are no longer made or discontinued. Any other recommendations? Also do they come in different sizes if so how do you know what size to get? I am 6'2" 38 inseam

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im 6-1 with 32" inseam and I have the Kuryakyn floorboard extenders that push them out 1" and forward 1". I felt it made a huge difference in comfort.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 6-1 with 32" inseam and I have the Kuryakyn floorboard extenders that push them out 1" and forward 1". I felt it made a huge difference in comfort.
I see spacers and relocator brackets what is the difference and which ones are you talking about??

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
How about a few pics of that solo.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I got my Arlen ness big sucker, my knee hit, so I made my own.

I bought 1" longer bolts, blue loctite, washers, and a 1"x1" square aluminum stock.

I cut the aluminum to 2 1" squares, drilled my holes, and punched out the stops. Bolted everything together, and for about $25-30 ($19 for a 1x1x4' aluminum square stock)

Been riding with them for about 1200 miles and they are much more comfy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I see spacers and relocator brackets what is the difference and which ones are you talking about??
I used the relocator brackets not the spacers. The pic on the kury website shows them best. The spacers move them out 3/4 of inch only and teh relocators put them out 1" and forward 1", which is what you need with those daddy long legs of yours.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
That looks nice. Did it lower you at all ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am about your height and I have the Kurys. I think that out made more of a difference than forward. However, I am considering some banana boards in the future

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used the relocator brackets not the spacers. The pic on the kury website shows them best. The spacers move them out 3/4 of inch only and teh relocators put them out 1" and forward 1", which is what you need with those daddy long legs of yours.
Perfect thanks I will search around for a good price. Do they make them in black??

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks nice. Did it lower you at all ?
I feel like it moved be down a little bit and also back, the boys do not feel like they are right on the gas tank.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am about your height and I have the Kurys. I think that out made more of a difference than forward. However, I am considering some banana boards in the future
I was just looking at some banana boards because my feet stick of the stock floorboards about half way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Perfect thanks I will search around for a good price. Do they make them in black??
I dont think so in black. You could always powder coat.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will these work with any floorboards? Eventually I will be upgrading the stock ones

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I got my Arlen ness big sucker, my knee hit, so I made my own.

I bought 1" longer bolts, blue loctite, washers, and a 1"x1" square aluminum stock.

I cut the aluminum to 2 1" squares, drilled my holes, and punched out the stops. Bolted everything together, and for about $25-30 ($19 for a 1x1x4' aluminum square stock)

Been riding with them for about 1200 miles and they are much more comfy.
Do you have pictures of this?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do you have pictures of this?
here you go - I figured I'd spend the riding season with them, if they don't slide at all, then I'll pull them off during the winter and paint them. I think they'll be fine, I check them periodically, especially before longer rides and damn if that loctite doesn't work just fine!

BTW, I can't take full credit for this, someone else had this approximate idea and shared it, if I had any sort of memory, I'd give him/her credit

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Formerly known as "Harley Goodies" on my ride. Love 'em. Pushes the boards outward 1" and does make a difference.

Cheers,
G

1 - 20 of 25 Posts