Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site. Originally had a 2009 Fatboy and had the arlen ness 3" extensions on and they were great. Now i traded for a 2013 RoadGlide Custom and want to once again move the controls as far forward as possible being 6'3"...I saw that arlen ness makes a 2" floorboard extesion kit but its for 2008 and earlier. Seems that the 2009 and newer kit is gone now. i candind it anywere. Does anyone know were i can get this kit or another one like it to fit 2013 RoadGlide?
So far i purchased the extended break lever and shift lever from Kuryakyn and the 1" out 1" forward adapters. looking for more floorboard movement forward.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i saw that thanks. I did purchase that and will see how it works but still looking for a better part that will move further up than the 1". i would love to get to the 3" that my fatboy was.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know how you feel I'm 6"6 with size 18 shoe. I did the Harley extended brake and shift lever and did the extended Harley floorboard kit which moved them forward 1 inch and then did the Harley goodies kit which moved them out 1 inch. Also went with Harley tallboy seat for 2 up riding and a danny grey buttcrack solo for when I ride by myself. Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, yeah i think i am going to stop by the dealer today and pick those up and use them with the kury 1" up and 1" out adapters to get 2" forward movement. see how that goes while i wait for my extended shift and break levers come in the mail.

thanks
jeff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you saying that the kuryakyn 1 inch out and 1 inch forward extenders will not work with the floorboards on the stock streamliner roadglide? or wont work with the 1 inch exstended harley streamliner floorboards?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
no i was referring to the Harley extended pans, are only for the D shaped footboards. (**but i was wrong)
The kuryakyn spacers will work fine with either boards.
** i just double checked and see that Harley does have extended boards for the Streamliner inserts now.
Sweet!

Harley-Davidson® Extended Reach Rider Footboard Pans - Swept Wing - 54145-10

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys, new to the site. Originally had a 2009 Fatboy and had the arlen ness 3" extensions on and they were great. Now i traded for a 2013 RoadGlide Custom and want to once again move the controls as far forward as possible being 6'3"...I saw that arlen ness makes a 2" floorboard extesion kit but its for 2008 and earlier. Seems that the 2009 and newer kit is gone now. i candind it anywere. Does anyone know were i can get this kit or another one like it to fit 2013 RoadGlide?
So far i purchased the extended break lever and shift lever from Kuryakyn and the 1" out 1" forward adapters. looking for more floorboard movement forward.

Thanks,
Jeff
I have a set of Battistinis floor boards and it's very comfy. Also got shift and brake levers which was a plus for room.
http://www.battistinisusa.com/

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i saw those before. too bad they only work up to 2008 years and you need to mod them for newer models. i can do that but don't really want to.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I used on my 06' Ultra Classic the floor board kit, the spacers to move out, the soft brake extended shifter and brake lever with lowers and there were no problems at all or any kind of interference. This time around although I have an RGU I have only done the floor board kit and I have changed my seat to a Lepera Maverick Daddy Long legs so I haven't found the need to do the other items I did to my previous bike. I may do the spacers to move the board out but its not exactly on my priority list right now.

L

·
0 Posts
cool, yeah i think i am going to stop by the dealer today and pick those up and use them with the kury 1" up and 1" out adapters to get 2" forward movement. see how that goes while i wait for my extended shift and break levers come in the mail.

thanks
jeff
I just ordered the Tall Boy kit and will likely order a kuryakyn brake extension , this definitely looks more natural on my feet, can't wait

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I'm contemplating now on doing the tallboy cycles kit but the price just keeps holding me back. I wish I would be able to sit on someone's bike to see if the almost $300 price tag is truly worth it for me.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

Thanks,
Jeff
I have these tall boy extensions https://www.tallboyscycles.com/ & Walters workshop extended shifter STEEL EXT SHIFT 84-16 FLT | Products | Drag Specialties® plus softbrake extended brake pedal Welcome to The SoftBrake Company, Inc -

1 - 20 of 22 Posts