Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sprung for some new driver and passenger streamliner floorboards, had the stock ultra "D" shape prior. Although the streamliner swept wing boards look fantastic, I'm not sure I like them and my wife really doesn't like them. The swept wing style is narrow and I keep thinking I'll just get used to them but...

Would the extensions that move the boards out away from the bike make a difference, anyone got those? You know that feeling when you just spent some money and then maybe realize what you had was more than sufficient?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I did the Kuryakn floorboard extensions. Moves them out and forward 1 inch. I posted pictures to the forum when I added them. Do a quick search. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam and I couldn't get comfortable. Leaving this week on a 2,500 mile trip, then doing Hutmo's Gypsy Tour and SW III. Better be comfortable for 5,000 miles on that one!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
601 Posts
When I had my Road King Custom with swept wing boards, neither me or my wife liked them, as they were too narrow. Then I added SOOS 3/4" board extenders and it made a considerable difference.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I added the Harley goodies which moved out 1". I'm 6'2 and this made a huge difference for me. If I was to move forward an inch, I would need to get longer shift and brake pedals

·
Registered
763 Posts
I rode my wife's bike, with streamliner boards. Ugh. My size 12s couldn't find a comfortable spot, so I can understand your frustration. I do, however, have the HarleyGoodies floorboard extenders on my bike, with D-boards. They made a world of difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts