·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Went ahead and ordered them, will let everyone know what I think once I get them on. Went with the streamliner pegs to match floorboards for now.

Slowly getting ready for my ride to Louisiana next year.

18’ FLTRX - Twisted Cherry
12” Straight Jacket bars
S&S Grand Nationals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Definitely interested in hearing your opinion... those look pretty cool.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will give my thoughts on them in a couple week when they come in.

12” Straight Jacket bars
S&S Grand Nationals

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at both of those along with the bad jacks boot draggers. I will see how these fair, think they will work just fine for how I like to prop my feet.

12” Straight Jacket bars
S&S Grand Nationals

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've been contemplating floorboard mounted pegs. Provide pics and opinion when you can.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I run the IMT Jac-Knife Highway Pegs and absolutely love them. Great thing about them is that they fold under the floorboard when not in use so they are virtually unnoticeable.

Innovative Metal Technologies

Hope this helps!!
That's the only way to go imo if you dont have lowers. Nothing looks more out of place than pegs hanging off anything.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got my pegs in yesterday and the floorboard mounts came in today.

They come with a metal plate in the shape of your boards that goes between the board and top rubber you put foot on.

They have 5 holes in these plates that you drill in the same spots on the floor board. Three are used to bolt down the mount and 2 in the back to hold plate in place as well.

Could be fully installed in about 15-30 mins if you have a sharp drill bit and charged battery......I had neither so it took around an hr including taking the floor boards off the bike.

IMO it was well worth the $$ for how I like to prop my feet when riding, with my stubby legs my heel just reaches the pegs lol.

I think will make my ride to Louisiana next spring much more comfortable. Can fold pegs inward and they do not interfere with brake or shifter, boards will fold like normal as well. Pegs I have are also adjustable, rolled them upward a little to fit me better.

Pretty much went like this:

- Pull floorboard off bike
- Take rubber pads off board
- Line up included steel plate on top of board and mark holes
- Drill holes and bolt the plate and peg mount to floor board with included hardware
- Re-install rubber pad
- Re-install on bike
- Install what ever peg you want, accepts any male peg mount
- Repeat for opposite side and done

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
More pictures of them folded and such, didn't think to take pictures of what all was included. Came with all needed hardware, just needed tools.

The mounts and plates are powder coated black and look very nice as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Do these clear lowers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I think will make my ride to Louisiana next spring much more comfortable.
interesting mounts. but i'd like to hear more about this trip. you're coming down to my neck of the woods. where you coming from? what's the itinerary?

sorry for the thread hijack.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
interesting mounts. but i'd like to hear more about this trip. you're coming down to my neck of the woods. where you coming from? what's the itinerary?

sorry for the thread hijack.....
La is my home lol, born and raised spent 28 years there. I am from Robeline/Natchitoches area, about 2 hrs north of Lafayette. Got some aunts and uncles still living in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

Meeting a buddy from Converse La who got a 18' Fatboy a few months ago in Tupelo Ms and heading up into Tn and back down to La through Ark. He's been itching to meet up for a ride and since I got the new bike too figured we would do a little trip this spring.

I'll start out in Upstate Sc.

Haven't nailed down any dates or details just know the general path we will take, once I get in town probably stay a few days riding around and head back home through ark,tn,nc and finally back into Sc. Or go down south and visit some family and just hit I-10 back east.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the pics... and taking the time to explain. I think the IMT mentioned by seetiggergo may be my direction.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts