Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just came back to FL from a bike trip up to the Smoky Mountains. My 98 Heritage Softail Classic (had for the past 8 years) wound up needing some major engine work after making the haul to TN and, long story short, the Maryville HD bought me out of my bike and set me up with a great rental rate for 3 days on a 15 Road Glide Special and 2 days on a Street Glide Special. Took the Roadie first day onto the Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon in addition to many other beautiful roads conquered during our trip. Compared to my 98 FLSTC all I can say is wow. I was quickly sold on the touring models and especially the RG ride and handling. The 10 or so guys in my group were mostly Batwing enthusiasts (Ultra and Limited tourers) and tried to sway me, but the Street Glide fairing felt too close in for my taste and the Roadie fared better in the wind. Flew back to FL and got a great deal on this 2015 RGS with extended saddles and upgraded audio with amp. Got some RC slash down slip ons, a Cee Bailey 13" sport windshield (better highway comfort and audio), and some 360 Harley Willie G highway pegs in the works as well as a rider backrest and stealth rack already installed. Add to that a .99% rate from HD on remaining 2015s and loving life. Looking forward to what I can both learn and contribute here

Attachments

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville, I'm heading up to tail of the dragon wednesday myself!

· Registered
66 Posts
Just came back to FL from a bike trip up to the Smoky Mountains. My 98 Heritage Softail Classic (had for the past 8 years) wound up needing some major engine work after making the haul to TN and, long story short, the Maryville HD bought me out of my bike and set me up with a great rental rate for 3 days on a 15 Road Glide Special and 2 days on a Street Glide Special. Took the Roadie first day onto the Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon in addition to many other beautiful roads conquered during our trip. Compared to my 98 FLSTC all I can say is wow. I was quickly sold on the touring models and especially the RG ride and handling. The 10 or so guys in my group were mostly Batwing enthusiasts (Ultra and Limited tourers) and tried to sway me, but the Street Glide fairing felt too close in for my taste and the Roadie fared better in the wind. Flew back to FL and got a great deal on this 2015 RGS with extended saddles and upgraded audio with amp. Got some RC slash down slip ons, a Cee Bailey 13" sport windshield (better highway comfort and audio), and some 360 Harley Willie G highway pegs in the works as well as a rider backrest and stealth rack already installed. Add to that a .99% rate from HD on remaining 2015s and loving life. Looking forward to what I can both learn and contribute here
Doubted if I would ever own a TC.. but WOW! I'm sold!

Welcome from S. Florida!

· Registered
489 Posts
Howdy

Hi from Montana and welcome to the forum.:grin:

· Registered
8,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.