Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE - 10/3 - Hotel Info - We will base out of the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Placid. The hotel is 15 minutes south of Sebring. Sebring really didn't have anywhere decent that still had rooms as there's a big race at the Sebring track the following weekend and apparently many of the race teams will be at the track on 10/3 -4 for practice. $121 at the Holiday Express in Sebring and the La Quinta wanted $118 and both places were almost out of "king" rooms. I negotiated a rate of $75. at the Holiday Express in Lake Placid.

Holiday Inn Express - 608 So. Lakeview Rd, (off Rte. 27) Lake Placid - 863-465-9916

Room block for Saturday night 11/3: Ask for FRG (Florida Road Glides) in order to get the $75 rate. That rate is for any regular room - kings, queens, 2-queens - all the same price. You must book by 10/20. No guarantee of room available or negotiated rate after that date, however the hotel indicated that they'd honor the negotiated rate after 10/20 if they have rooms available. As long as you refer to room block FRG, anyone working there should be able to make your reservation. Ask for Kaylee Cruise if you have any issues that need to be resolved. Looking forward to seeing everyone in 4 weeks.

Guys and gals, we've put together a "Meet and Greet" event for any Florida members (or anyone else that wants to join us). It is planned for November 3/4 That hopefully will provide you with adequate lead time to work this into your schedule. The schedule would look something like this:

Saturday: 11:00 - 2:00 - Check in and meet at our host hotel parking lot for initial M & G (lunch is on your own)
2:00 - 5:00 Take a casual ride to some point of interest, then back to hotel to freshen up for dinner
6:00 - 8:30 A short group ride to dinner at a local restaurant - or dinner on your own if you prefer
8:30 - ? Hotel parking lot for bench racing, BS'ing, and beer

Sunday: ? - 9:00 Breakfast on your own
9:00 til noon - Group ride ending in lunch, then everyone heads for home
(Note: the group ride and lunch on Sunday will end in Fort Meade - one hour north of our hotel)

If your schedule only allows you to participate on Saturday, that's fine. Come join us for a few hours on Saturday for an opportunity to meet your fellow Florida Road Glide riders. Spouses, girl friends, or boy friends are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Non-Floridians are most welcome if you happen to be down this way on vacation or live close enough to make the trip.

Please post a comment on this thread if you think you will be able to attend, and if you plan to stay over on Saturday night so I have some clue as to how many hotel rooms I'll need to block.

I look forward to meeting both old and new RG riding friends. Hope you can make it.

ALL UPDATES will appear on this initial post so you don't have to search through multiple pages to find the info.

Uncle Fuzzy (Kevin G.)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Liking the sound of THAT! I'll be watching for more updates...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend. :-(

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
HHMM , can i bring nitrous to bench racing ??
Absolutely you can, the metallic odor of nitrous smells a helluva lot better than the gas you usually spew!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread so that I can get notified of updated plans. It takes me a better part of the day to get down to I-4. I'd have to plan ahead and find someone to puppy sit for me. I still have trouble getting the German Shepherd to stay in the back seat of the truck; there's now way he'd stay put on the bike.

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm meeting up with BobRG15 this coming weekend and we'll try to put a firm plan together. Looking at somewhere between I-4 and Lake O and tentatively looking at Saturday, Nov. 10th. I'll post further info as soon as we get some details put together.

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK kiddies, here's the scoop. All Florida RG riders are welcome to attend a casual "Meet and Greet" gathering in Avon Park / Sebring on November 3/4. If you're not familiar with this part of the state, Sebring is 2 hours or less from I-4 in Orlando. Rte 27 is the main route north-south through Sebring. My opening post in this thread gives you an idea of the schedule, except I had to move the date up one week because the weekend of the 10/11 is the second biggest race weekend of the year at Sebring and all the hotels were booked.

If you are a Florida RG rider, or happen to live close enough or are in the area on vacation, you are all welcome to attend. Spouses and GFs are encouraged to attend. This is a casual event that's meant to give you an opportunity to re-unite with previous RG event friends or to meet/make new ones. We'll ride, have an evening of parking lot BS-ing, and have a few laughs. We'll even have a cold beverage or two once the kickstands are down for the night.

I only ask that you contact me here if you plan on attending (and staying over night) so I have some idea on how many hotel rooms to block. I should be able to find hotel rooms for $100. or less once I have an idea of how many of you are coming. Please let me know by Sept. 30th if you're coming for the day or plan to stay over. I'm looking forward for a chance to meet some new Florida RG friends as well as catching up with those I've met before.

Uncle Fuzzy

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Count me in! I'm planning to stay the night.

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Terrific, I look forward to meeting you. All updates on hotel info , etc. will be on this thread. I'll update the opening post on this thread so you won't have to search through multiple pages to find the updates. OK, who's next to sign on?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hope to meet up with you guys. Can only do Sat as I have plans already for that Sunday. Maybe I f rates aren’t bad could stay over night and head home at first light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope to meet up with you guys. Can only do Sat as I have plans already for that Sunday. Maybe I f rates aren’t bad could stay over night and head home at first light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you can join us. If we get a decent number of folks to attend, the best part is hanging out in the parking lot on Saturday night so hopefully you can stay over.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I’m just seeing this for the first time, guess I’ve been on Facebook more than the forums. I’ll check my calendar. I know there are more Florida members that are not aware.

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m just seeing this for the first time, guess I’ve been on Facebook more than the forums. I’ll check my calendar. I know there are more Florida members that are not aware.
Hi Dave, I noticed that you, TJ, and some others hadn't weighed in yet, I figured you just hadn't seen it yet. I'm waiting a week or so to see how many folks are planning on coming and then I'll block the appropriate number of hotel rooms. Should be able to find something for $75-100. Dave, I don't do Face Book at all so if you want, you could post something on FB for me. I realize that many of our members now do FB almost exclusively and don't visit the forum very often. Take care my friend and I hope you and your better half can make it.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts