Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Fuzzy, NO I haven’t been on FB, I don’t do that crap. Just been to busy to get on here. Count Wendy and me in as long as I don’t have to talk to Bob or David Bell!!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Terrific, I look forward to meeting you. All updates on hotel info , etc. will be on this thread. I'll update the opening post on this thread so you won't have to search through multiple pages to find the updates. OK, who's next to sign on?
Kevin I would love to sign on but out of vacation time for this year.... I hope you have a good turn out... Just you Bob and Tim together would of been worth the trip maybe next year... Hopefully you get back up this way next fall as discussed awhile back...

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Fuzzy, NO I haven’t been on FB, I don’t do that crap. Just been to busy to get on here. Count Wendy and me in as long as I don’t have to talk to Bob or David Bell!!
Guess you'll have to take your chances TJ - I don't know yet if Dave is planning to attend, and Bob and Kathy are RVing west sometime around the first part of November. Unsure if they'll still be around (in which case they'll attend) or they may be halfway to Arizona. Glad to see you and Wendy are planning on attending. We don't need a lot of people to have a good party ..... just the RIGHT people! >:)

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Kevin I would love to sign on but out of vacation time for this year.... I hope you have a good turn out... Just you Bob and Tim together would of been worth the trip maybe next year... Hopefully you get back up this way next fall as discussed awhile back...
Hi Kenny, you're one of the few people who would seriously consider riding 1,400 miles to attend a local "Meet and Greet" as an excuse for a nice bike ride! I always enjoyed riding and hanging with you - I miss you man :crying:.

Yes, at this time, Sandy and I plan on visiting Maine/NH for about 10 days next August or Sept. During that trip, I plan on renting an RG for 3-4 days to ride with who ever is around at that time. Probably book into the ol' "T & C" during that time. We've also talked about trying to spend 4-6 weeks each summer in Maine/NH starting in 2020 or 2021 so you may have opportunities to see my ugly puss in the future.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Hi Kenny, you're one of the few people who would seriously consider riding 1,400 miles to attend a local "Meet and Greet" as an excuse for a nice bike ride! I always enjoyed riding and hanging with you - I miss you man :crying:.

Yes, at this time, Sandy and I plan on visiting Maine/NH for about 10 days next August or Sept. During that trip, I plan on renting an RG for 3-4 days to ride with who ever is around at that time. Probably book into the ol' "T & C" during that time. We've also talked about trying to spend 4-6 weeks each summer in Maine/NH starting in 2020 or 2021 so you may have opportunities to see my ugly puss in the future.
Like you said in a previous post it's not how many people it's the right people and I certainly consider You, Sandy, Bob, Cathy, TJ, Dave and there Wife's the right people.. I know you guys will have a great time... If at all possible shoot for Sept As I will be taking the first 2 weeks of August off for Shark Week... We have plenty of tine to figure it out..

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
OK kiddies, here's the scoop. All Florida RG riders are welcome to attend a casual "Meet and Greet" gathering in Avon Park / Sebring on November 3/4. If you're not familiar with this part of the state, Sebring is 2 hours or less from I-4 in Orlando. Rte 27 is the main route north-south through Sebring. My opening post in this thread gives you an idea of the schedule, except I had to move the date up one week because the weekend of the 10/11 is the second biggest race weekend of the year at Sebring and all the hotels were booked.

If you are a Florida RG rider, or happen to live close enough or are in the area on vacation, you are all welcome to attend. Spouses and GFs are encouraged to attend. This is a casual event that's meant to give you an opportunity to re-unite with previous RG event friends or to meet/make new ones. We'll ride, have an evening of parking lot BS-ing, and have a few laughs. We'll even have a cold beverage or two once the kickstands are down for the night.

I only ask that you contact me here if you plan on attending (and staying over night) so I have some idea on how many hotel rooms to block. I should be able to find hotel rooms for $100. or less once I have an idea of how many of you are coming. Please let me know by Sept. 30th if you're coming for the day or plan to stay over. I'm looking forward for a chance to meet some new Florida RG friends as well as catching up with those I've met before.

Uncle Fuzzy
Well I should be able to make it down that weekend, but not sure if it will be just me or if the better half will accompany. Either way I should be there.

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I should be able to make it down that weekend, but not sure if it will be just me or if the better half will accompany. Either way I should be there.
That's terrific, I look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hope you can join us. If we get a decent number of folks to attend, the best part is hanging out in the parking lot on Saturday night so hopefully you can stay over.

Just checked the maps and it looks like a 2 1/2 hour ride for me so I plan on staying the night now. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just checked the maps and it looks like a 2 1/2 hour ride for me so I plan on staying the night now. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Terrific, check back here for hotel information which I hope to have wrapped up by the end of this month.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I'm going to plan on coming but work may change that. If I can make it I will stay overnight. @direwolf maybe we can meet up for the ride down from Jax. If anyone else from the Jax area wants to meet up as well just speak up and we'll get it planned.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm going to plan on coming but work may change that. If I can make it I will stay overnight. @direwolf maybe we can meet up for the ride down from Jax. If anyone else from the Jax area wants to meet up as well just speak up and we'll get it planned.

Yeah we can always do that.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm in...just now seeing this and the PM from Fuzzy. I live just south of Sebring.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Uncle Fuzzy;
Just saw your post on the Fla M & G . Spoke to the better half , and as of now we are planning to attend & spend the nite.
Also , I do not Facebook , but would like to check it out . How do I go about that ?
Thanks
Tommy & Tracy

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Uncle Fuzzy;
Just saw your post on the Fla M & G . Spoke to the better half , and as of now we are planning to attend & spend the nite.
Also , I do not Facebook , but would like to check it out . How do I go about that ?
Thanks
Tommy & Tracy
Glad to hear you're going to join us. I have had dialog with two motels and should have one wrapped up this coming week. I'll update the first thread on page one here when it's put together. As far as FB goes, if I posted something on FB today , it would be my first ever. I don't want any part of FB. It's a personal decision. Look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
As far as FB goes, if I posted something on FB today , it would be my first ever. I don't want any part of FB. It's a personal decision.
It’s a personal decision because you know law enforcement monitors FB plus you don’t want any of your accidents from the past finding you saying papa Fuzzy I’m your long lost child. Remember that waitress from the “Do Drop Inn Pub” ? she’s my mom, can I borrow some money pops. You and Bob two of a kind. Bob’s so worried about getting caught he’s selling everything and going to stay on the move in an RV. What the hell did you and Bob get into up north before the witness protection program relocated you both to Florida?

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It’s a personal decision because you know law enforcement monitors FB plus you don’t want any of your accidents from the past finding you saying papa Fuzzy I’m your long lost child. Remember that waitress from the “Do Drop Inn Pub” ? she’s my mom, can I borrow some money pops. You and Bob two of a kind. Bob’s so worried about getting caught he’s selling everything and going to stay on the move in an RV. What the hell did you and Bob get into up north before the witness protection program relocated you both to Florida?
;;

Tim, you do know that we'd have to kill you if we told you, right? All I'm going to say is that there's good money to be made in the illegal sex trafficking of dwarfs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd love to attend, but this does conflict with Rosco's which is the same weekend. I wish the M&G was the following weekend so I could do both!

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'd love to attend, but this does conflict with Rosco's which is the same weekend. I wish the M&G was the following weekend so I could do both!
I originally picked the following weekend but it's a big race weekend at Sebring and the motels were booked solid. Moved it to the week before in hopes that Bob and Kathy (BobRG15) could attend before they headed out west. What the hell is "Rosco's"?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

·
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Hot chili, cold beer, naked women ---- what's the attraction? >:)

I hadn't heard of this event yet, but will probably check it out next year. This year it will be fun to meet a dozen or so RG.org members (and their spouses/significant others) at Sebring. I've met a lot of folks at these Meet and Greets in other states that have become friends for life. Time to get together with new/old Florida friends. One of our members said he is going to go to Rosco's the first couple days and then will meet up with the Meet and Greet group around noon on Saturday in Sebring. What ever works for each individual.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts