Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE IN SEPARATE POST BELOW


All Florida riders and their spouses/friends (along with anyone else who happens to be close enough to make it) are welcome to join us for the "2nd. Annual Florida Road Glide Gathering" which will be held on Sat/Sun., Oct 26/27. Hotel yet to be determined, still negotiating room block and price - check back here next week, but it will be middle of the state somewhere around Avon - Sebring. (Check post below for details)

The plan is for folks to arrive at the hotel anytime on Friday, or Saturday morning by 10-ish. Once you're checked into the hotel we'll head out late Sat. a.m. for lunch and an afternoon ride. Back to the hotel late afternoon, in time for freshening up and heading to a group dinner nearby. Them back to the hotel for "kick stands down, the beer flows around". We'll hang out and get to know each other, and check out the bikes. Sunday will be a planned ride and breakfast and everyone will head for home by early afternoon.

Check back here next week for hotel location and reservation details. And just give me a shout on this thread if you are planning to attend so I'll know who to expect.

Hope to see most of the Florida riders there. Come and get to meet your fellow Florida RG riders.


Uncle Fuzzy
 
  • Like
Reactions: cmtowner and Bevis

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
I didn't make last years, i would like to make this years but I'm terrible about committing to things :grin: I'm giving it some thought, would have to use one of my few remaining vacation days...but I am considering it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,485 Posts
I’m going to be around Tampa that weekend, but may ride by and say hello once you know the exact location and venue.
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oct. 26, Florida Meet and Greet Update:

Hi, sorry it's taken me this long to post final plans, but I was out of commission for 8-9 days, with the last three of those spent in the hospital. Everything is fine now

We will base ourselves out of the Holiday Inn Express in Sebring for a night or two starting on Friday the 25th for anyone who wants to do some exploring on the way to Sebring and wants to arrive Friday. The actual "Meet and Greet" starts around 10:00 Saturday a.m. We'll gather at the Holiday parking lot and take a ride to a lunch destination, then ride a bit more and get back to the hotel around 4:00 - 5:00. Time to relax and freshen up before we head out to a group dinner around 6:30 Back to the hotel it's kickstands down and beer bottles opened.

Because of the days I lost while I was sick, it's too late to do a room block now. However there are plenty of rooms available for both of the nights in question. If you book through the hotel the rate is $99. plus tax, just request the Road Glide Gathering rate. If you go through one of the rooming consolidators (Travelocity, Hotel.com, etc.) you can likely find a rate of $87.

That's it for right now. Please book your room and just shoot me a PM to let me know you're coming. It's only 3 weeks away.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sebring
4389 Keiber Blvd.
Sebring, FL 33870
863-386-1115
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,899 Posts
Fuzz, sorry to hear you were down , did Bob moving into the neighborhood and ruining your property value have anything to do with your illness? I’ll give you a shout this weekend but Wendy and I are in!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Tracy and I are in both nights... reservations made!
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sandy was supposed to work until 6:30 on Friday but was able to swap her hours with one of her fellow workers, so we should be there late afternoon, in plenty of time to check in and get together with anyone who wants to have dinner together Friday evening. See you then.
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have 7-8 members committed to going, who else is going to make it to Sebring?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
will be there for saturday. Ride / Dinner
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Those committed to join us for fun and games at the Meet and Greet:

BobRG15
TJ316
Bevis
DBell
V-Ring
Uncle Fuzzy


Hoping to be there but not sure yet:

Taz
Direwolf
TourHog
RD-Glider


Anyone else going to join us 2 weeks from now in Sebring?
 
  • Like
Reactions: dbell66253

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Only live about 5 min.away from the Holiday....I'll be there for Sat morn and a social gathering after the day ride....Can't wait to see everyone....Thanks to Fuzzy for the hard work putting this on....
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only live about 5 min.away from the Holiday....I'll be there for Sat morn and a social gathering after the day ride....Can't wait to see everyone....Thanks to Fuzzy for the hard work putting this on....
I look forward to meeting you, see you in 2 weeks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: vring

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,742 Posts
Just had evaluation for physical therapy & will not be riding until middle of November. Looks like I won’t be making this Meet & Greet either, oh well there is always next year I guess. Hope y’all have a good time & safe trips there & back.

I was looking forward to catching up with you Tim, been too long. Of course was looking forward to meeting everyone else too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,899 Posts
Yea, was hoping we could catch up too, getting old is hell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,899 Posts
Fuzz, tell BobRG15 to get his crying towels ready when his CVO can’t keep up with my old , out dated ride. Wendy and I were out this weekend and my scoot was running sweeeeeet. When I come up behind him, I’ll honk twice, if he moves over I’ll be nice, other wise it’s on! Can’t wait to see everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Going to keep an eye on the weather... not looking promising for this weekend. Worst case scenario we'll be four-wheeling it but will still be there. Sucks because I love the way this girl rides!
 

·
Shark of the Month October 13
Joined
·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eh, you know how those showers/storms are here in FL. 40% chance of rain means 60% chance of no rain and that isn't bad odds. Hopefully we'll just have to deal with some light showers. We're "all in" on getting there and seeing what happens. If it rains too hard, we can always party hardy at the hotel. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to do some fine riding. Besides, who wants to give up 2 nights of "hotel sex"!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
I hope everyone has a great time this weekend. I’m working unfortunately.
Ride safe and enjoy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top