Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of moving to Florida and am just trying to get an idea of what insurance might cost. If you would, just list some rounded costs and for which carrier so I can get an idea of what it might be.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I pay $572 through State Farm, I am 51 , safe driver, and this is for full coverage, bodily injury/property damage/uninsured motorist/etc

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pay $572 through State Farm, I am 51 , safe driver, and this is for full coverage, bodily injury/property damage/uninsured motorist/etc
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
293 Posts
AllState Full Coverage 09 SERG Stacked with my auto insurance comes to $390.00 a year for the bike. 0 detuctable

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking at the ST Pete area.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am researching this as well... 12 month coverage. I have a clean/no accidents record.

Liberty Mutual - 643.00 (250 deductible)
GEICO - 319.00 (500 deductible)

So many variables... you need to call with your specifics to really find out.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to thank everyone for the replies, I have enough information now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm looking into relocating from Phoenix to Sarasota area. In 2005 I moved from Canton, Ohio to Phoenix. Same carrier my Ins. jumped from $400 to $1200. I switched to Progressive went down to $800. This was all based on a 02 FXST. I've owned my 08 FLTR since 11-07. No claims no points, I pay $1187. yr.
Can anyone give me some ballpark #'s
Thanks

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Forida Riders

I'm looking into relocating from Phoenix to Sarasota area. In 2005 I moved from Canton, Ohio to Phoenix. Same carrier my Ins. jumped from $400 to $1200. I switched to Progressive went down to $800. This was all based on a 02 FXST. I've owned my 08 FLTR since 11-07. No claims no points, I pay $1187. yr.
Can anyone give me some ballpark #'s
Thanks
I just moved north of the Sarasota area and was with Formost - but they were over $1000 and wanted to raise it another $350. I looked around and found an Indy agent and they price me some insurance with Dairyland. I went with them and Dairyland and am now paying $800 a year full coverage, which includes uninsured motorist (something I would recommend) and a few other nice things that came with it. Florida is a no helmet state and that does make a dif from prices in other States, along with stats on accidents, stolen bikes ect for a given area.

That agent does write with a couple of so other insurance companies, so it was nice for them to check around for me. I still checked with all that I could think of and Dairyland was the best price and with the same coverage as the others. I do not have any points, tickets ect, the same as you, but it pays to check around as sometimes a insurance company will price one number for one person and a dif number for another.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
I live in S Florida, Miramar, I have Allstate, I pay just under $500 a year for 2 bikes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First off have make sure you are comparing apples to apples with insurance. Just cause someone is paying 500 a year does not mean anything. I pay almost 1100 per year but I have 300/500 UM 300/500 BI 50,000 PD liability coverage 100,000 guest passenger liability with a 250.00 ded on comp and collision, bike rental coverage and towing, labor, trip interuption coverage, and 6000 additional add on coverage, and 1000 equipment coverage. You see there are so many ways to cover than just comp, collision and minimum liability coverage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have AAA and pay 375 yr full coverage. If I am not mistaken, you do not need insurance on a motorcycle in Florida if you have adequate health insurance. Of course that will only cover your medical expenses and not replace your bike, but some here in Daytona area do that. I prefer full coverage. Oh and a side note it you get AAA+ motorcycle road service, you get all the extras like, 25,000 for med air lift coverage, Trip int of 1000.00 in hotel and food if you are more than 100 miles from home. ect,ect.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I pay $535 through GEICO, I am 42 , safe driver, and this is for full coverage, bodily injury/property damage/uninsured motorist/etc. 500 dollar deductible. for my 2012 RGC before I was paying 775 for a 2007 StreetGlide and a 2005 Deluxe(Wife Bike) combined, I guess the 2012 is too new Here in TampaBay, Fl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts