41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Tampa, Home of the Bucs , Lightening , Hulk Hogan and me

·
Registered
33 Posts
Snow bird now that I'm retired. Port Orange for the winter and back to upstate NY (East Aurora) for the summer.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Did a year of Military Schooling in Eglin Air Force Base....Fort Walton Beach/Destin, and nearby Pensacola....Place was a year vacation, literally...Very Noice....Panama City Beach was close too. Babes in thongs everywhere!!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,322 Posts
Did a year of Military Schooling in Eglin Air Force Base....Fort Walton Beach/Destin, and nearby Pensacola....Place was a year vacation, literally...Very Noice....Panama City Beach was close too. Babes in thongs everywhere!!
Yupper, women in thongs and skimpy bikinis all over the place - OK if they're young, not so OK when they're in their 60s and wearing them, although there's a few that can still pull it off. So when are you moving back down here? You'll probably be giving that some thought over the next couple days of the arctic blast. :smile:

·
7,322 Posts
Welcome to the newbies on here. Yes, we'll attempt to put together another "Meet and Greet" weekend ride this fall when the temps are a bit more hospitable. We had one last fall in the central part of the state - Sebring/Avon area. That location seemed to work well. Arrive Friday evening or Saturday by mid-morning. Quick "hellos" in the hotel parking lot followed by a group ride, time to freshen up at the hotel, then ride to dinner, then back to the hotel for "kickstands down" and some cold beverages. Sunday half day ride for those who want to. Check back here under "Organize Rides" for further details as it gets put together - probably in Sept. with the ride happening Oct/Nov. As usual, your spouse, girl friend, boy friend, or significant others are both welcome and encouraged to participate. Just don't invite them all at the same time!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
October-November sounds like a plan as my riding season should start up just about then. I go in for a knee replacement of my right knee on the 19th of this month & am hoping I can get the left one done sometime in August as long as everything goes ok. at least I got a couple weeks or I can get some riding in so the summer won’t be a total loss.

·
7,322 Posts
October-November sounds like a plan as my riding season should start up just about then. I go in for a knee replacement of my right knee on the 19th of this month & am hoping I can get the left one done sometime in August as long as everything goes ok. at least I got a couple weeks or I can get some riding in so the summer won’t be a total loss.
I had a total replacement of the left knee about 15 years ago and probably have another couple years before I'll need to have the right one done. It's not a cake walk, but it's not nearly as bad as what you're probably expecting. The initial PT during the first couple weeks is a bit rugged but is the key to a quick and complete recovery. If I had known then what I know now, I'd have had it done 5 years earlier. Good luck. I'm thinking that the first part of November would be a good time to have another Meet and Greet.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I had a total replacement of the left knee about 15 years ago and probably have another couple years before I'll need to have the right one done. It's not a cake walk, but it's not nearly as bad as what you're probably expecting. The initial PT during the first couple weeks is a bit rugged but is the key to a quick and complete recovery. If I had known then what I know now, I'd have had it done 5 years earlier. Good luck. I'm thinking that the first part of November would be a good time to have another Meet and Greet.

I figure the rehab will be painful in the beginning few weeks, but at least it will decrease where as now it just seems to get worse. Besides after two cardio versions in the first two months of the year I’m only a few bucks away from meeting my total deductible for the year. So why not go for both this year and stay on two wheels as long as possible. November sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 65 Posts