Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was comissioned by a nearby member from VaBeach to black out his sweet '13 Denim Black glide.....He was able to come & pick up most of his parts a little over a week ago...I'll let him post pics of the engine covers-Rockers & pushrod set up we went with. I think I have coated about every part other than Crash bar & handlebars and have enjoyed working on this project......One different thing he asked was to leave the center of the dash chromed so when he installed his new center plate, there would be a chrome ring between the plate & the remainder of the dash. For something that seemed so simple, this was probably the hardest tape job I've done yet........here is a "prep" pic and a pic completed (I know it's a street glide senter- but I needed something that would show the chrome trim....His will be a satin finish that will blend with the Satin Fuel door.....)

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
You do great work jetman. May have to look you up one of these days to fit into your schedule.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gotta see this bike when it's done. Are you posting pics or is he doing a thread?
I think he will be doing a write up......I got a LOT of stuff done and had it waiting on him....he rode up for a visit last weekend....we hung out- chit-chatted while I did a few things and he took most of the stuff home before I had a change to take pics.....The color combo's are subtle.....looking at it in the shade or just sitting, most will just look like 1 powder, BUT- siting on the sidestand in teh sun or good lighting, you'll see the Satin have a bit more gloss that the flat.....Pushrod stuff is all Flat but the tappets & spring cups are Satin.... Rocher tops are flat & bases are Satin.....
We ran the front turn bases in Flat & did the Light Housings in High gloss (they will look they are suspended in air)....You see the dash in these pics.... Rear Turn Bar is High GLoss and the frontv forks will be High Gloss w/ Flat Bells......He also has a few contrast pieces and a very unique Derby cover.......It's not over the top, but gonna be a very classy yet stealthy Street Fighter........I can't wait to see it completed myself !!! LOL!!! Should be a show stopper.......:cool:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You do great work jetman. May have to look you up one of these days to fit into your schedule.
Thanks.... I can fit you in 2018.....LOL- KIDDING!!! Things have been super busy ths year....I'm booked up thru the end of the month at least, but hit me up whenever & I'll give you a quote and work you into my schedule.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think he will be doing a write up......I got a LOT of stuff done and had it waiting on him....he rode up for a visit last weekend....we hung out- chit-chatted while I did a few things and he took most of the stuff home before I had a change to take pics.....The color combo's are subtle.....looking at it in the shade or just sitting, most will just look like 1 powder, BUT- siting on the sidestand in teh sun or good lighting, you'll see the Satin have a bit more gloss that the flat.....Pushrod stuff is all Flat but the tappets & spring cups are Satin.... Rocher tops are flat & bases are Satin.....
We ran the front turn bases in Flat & did the Light Housings in High gloss (they will look they are suspended in air)....You see the dash in these pics.... Rear Turn Bar is High GLoss and the frontv forks will be High Gloss w/ Flat Bells......He also has a few contrast pieces and a very unique Derby cover.......It's not over the top, but gonna be a very classy yet stealthy Street Fighter........I can't wait to see it completed myself !!! LOL!!! Should be a show stopper.......:cool:
Hey... Hey...! Let their mouths water a bit before you give away our secrets.... Lol.

I'm really thinkin this guy saw me comin.... Got his hooks in there and primed the pump a little (OK... a lot!). Now I owe him my next mortgage payment and more ! :-/ The wife has threatened to kick me out... Go live in his powder barn, she said. ... I knew you were into powder... But I thought you'd share! She said.... The kids are planning an intervention..... Yea... He's a sly one... Goes by the name Jetman... Be on the lookout... He's goooooood....

This is addictive.....!

I'm a victim.....

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can't post multiple pics with a phone.. Will do more soon

I edited this to add pix

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
One more for now...

Also edited on computer to add pix.......

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Jetman came to my home a couple weeks ago because he was in the area which was a real big help as I had reservations on my color choices. I was tossing around all flat black but some areas just wouldn't look right with the gloss already on the bike and I was not going to change EVERYTHING! Turns out we changed ALMOST everything! lol...
He took my first boxes of parts and mailed me back some plates with flat, semigloss and gloss powder coating so I could see the differences. We had talked about a flat/Lo-gloss layered effect for the engine. I had seen this on another bike on the web with gloss being the dominate color and liked it but my ride is Denim Black and I like that stealth look.
He was a big help in deciding what color to do what part and over time he seemed to become more excited than me about the project. So here are some shots of the parts. I'm still waiting on some and have other things ordered for the final assembly that I will add as time goes on...

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
More parts from his shop bench... All the engine covers are in flat. The lifter covers are in 20/30% semigloss, the lower pushrod covers in flat, the spring covers in 20/30%, and the pushrod spring retainers are in flat. Then the rocker covers are 20/30% semigloss on the bottom (thin edge on the a/c side) and the top rocker boxes are flat.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
And some more... They are a mix of gloss, flat and 20/30% gloss or semigloss

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Even though I was picking them up Jetman (and I) wrapped them almost as good as if they were being mailed so he has the ability to get your parts safely packaged to you....

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Some of the parts I have installed already... The saddlebag racks I did in gloss as they are 'frame' parts. The Engine guard and front fork lowers will be gloss also. I had Jetman do the floorboards, highway pegs and hardware in a lower gloss (not the 20/30) but a lower gloss that hopefully will accent the engine guard and not stand out too much. We'll see....

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
A few more... I really tossed around abusing the poor man and having him do ALL the cover bolts too...but I decided I liked the retro acft look with them uncoated. My buddy says its a mistake as they will start to rust eventually....I'll just replace them then!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.