Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, its time for my 5K service and I need to know what the fluid capacities are for the engine, tranny and primary. Now before you start flaming me about buying the service manual I have one for a 06 Touring bike and I know where all the drains and such are. Just don't want to spend the $65 for the 2012 book right now. So if anyone is willing to help I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I was going to mention the OM also, JTB pretty much nailed the answer though, now you just have to decide what brand of fluid you want to use, that's a whole other subject.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
As stated, all quantities in free owners' manual.

My 2013 calls for: 3 quarts engine oil (then recheck), 28 oz tranny, 38 oz (wet) 45 (dry) primary. OK, the last part could be a lot clearer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
dude, don't stress that! I searched for it online because I'm sitting at work and thought it might be a good time to order my fluids online.... if people have a problem with that they should know where they can go.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
GOD I am not to bright sometimes guys. Didn't even think about the OM. Christ sorry about that but thanks for the help!!
Nothing to be sorry about! That's what this forum is all about, asking for advice and info and helping each other out. Not everybody has the OM for bike either, especially on older used bikes. Those crappy OMs don't last either. My current OM is the second one I've had that's falling apart, pages all over the place lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
My 2012 OM says 28 oz transmission fluid. Do others say 32?
That was about the time they changed it to 28 OZ check and if needed and up to 32 OZ.2011 owners manual says 32 oz but they had a service bulletin out that changed it to the 28 check add if needed. 2012 they updated the Owners manual. The problem was people were not draining it all and adding 32 oz, after a change or two it could be well over full so they changed it.

From 2012 manual

MODEL LUBRICANT REFILL QTY.** All FORMULA+*TRANSMISSION*AND PRIMARY*CHAIN*LUBRICANT or SYN3*20W50*OIL 28*oz 0.83*L **Approximate.*Check*and*add*as*needed*to*bring*level within*specification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts