Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
i believe bitchin baggers has one as well.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
FBI also offers a flush axle and fork end cap. Eastern Performance has a good price on them at $109 with free shipping. I actually just ordered this set-up from eBay.

Flush Axle and Cap

Made by advantage cycle with a pretty good price and good reviews. Waiting for it to get delivered.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any advice on installing these kits?

I bought the flush axle and the flush end cap kits.

Thanks
D.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
attached is a pic.

I'm guessing that I have to take the studs out of the forks and use the alen head bolts that came with the cap. Wondering the best way to get those studs out of the forks...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Flip that bracket around and then try it. The stock bracket will have the word OUT embossed on the underneath of it, letting you know to place the bracket with the word OUT on the out side of the folk. The aftermarket ones doesn't have any marketing on it. Flip it around and see if that works.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
815 Posts
sub'd for future reference

·
Registered
483 Posts
attached is a pic.

I'm guessing that I have to take the studs out of the forks and use the alen head bolts that came with the cap. Wondering the best way to get those studs out of the forks...
Just a heads up... the correct way to install is to pull the factory studs and use the allen head bolts that come with the kit. Gives the fork a flat, square bottom to match the other side. The studs do suck to remove but they will come out. best way is a stud extractor or using a double nut and backing out. careful because they will break off in the fork if you're not careful. Then you have to drill out the stud. I might have had to do that twice (different times). The studs are in from the factory with red locktite. We found some heat (sometimes a lot of heat) will loosen that. Some come right out and some suck.

Or I think it was Q that said to just use the factory nut and washer with the original stud. Kinda defeats the point though.

If I did it again, I will just order Ness Hotlegs or an American Suspension front fork kit. the cost is worth my sanity.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent thank you for the tips.

Q - Sorry I was having such a hard time explaining the stupid thing to ya!!! but thank you for trying to decipher my stupid questions!! :)

Guess now I need to carefully figure out how to remove the studs. My luck they will snap.

I'm 1/2 tempted to sell the forks and buy the Ness forks just because I know how my luck is.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts