Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 21 RGS with the new relocated gas cap. At the dealership they were not able to figure out the flush mount cap. CVOs have used these for a few years and they are listed for Softtails and Sportys but not the new touring specials. Any ideas? I might have to just buy the one HD sells for 79.95 and return it if it wrong. Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
The softail might not work due to the curvature of the tank

·
Administrator
1,940 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Here are the part numbers, you should be able to order them:

63136-10C FUEL CAP ASSEMBLY, flush mount, with 11900004 (black)
75015-08 TRIM RING (black)

They are CVO parts but don't look to be restricted. Should be less the $100.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I have the Sportster cap on my bike. Comes with a nice trim ring too. It's a 19 with an aftermarket dash. Threads are the same.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the part numbers, you should be able to order them:

63136-10C FUEL CAP ASSEMBLY, flush mount, with 11900004 (black)
75015-08 TRIM RING (black)

They are CVO parts but don't look to be restricted. Should be less the $100.
Thank you! Those three parts came up as ava at different places so I am sure my dealer came get them ordered. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
If you're asking about mine (above) it came from Jim Nasi Customs.
I used the Nasi cap on my 16. Worked just fine. Went with the Sportster cap on the 19. I like the trim ring.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I’m confused. You bought a 2021 that comes with the new style tank. Dealer couldn’t figure out how it opens? Did they put gas in it for delivery to you? Why are you replacing the cap. Isn’t it a flush mount already?

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's a beautiful tank design, and I love the slammed console look. The flush fuel cap is simply a must to complete the look. Keep in mind they don't open quite as easily due to their design. (Nothing to simply grab and twist.)

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
More like I haven’t looked close. I have no interest in the 2021’s, but I do like the color of the OP’s bike.
you misunderstood. i wasn't saying that you weren't even close, but that the new cap was not even close to flush mount. sorry if i didn't make myself clearer, i didn't want to come across as 'attacking' you...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
you misunderstood. i wasn't saying that you weren't even close, but that the new cap was not even close to flush mount. sorry if i didn't make myself clearer, i didn't want to come across as 'attacking' you...
No worries. No offense taken.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
666 Posts
I just bought a 21 RGS with the new relocated gas cap. At the dealership they were not able to figure out the flush mount cap. CVOs have used these for a few years and they are listed for Softtails and Sportys but not the new touring specials. Any ideas? I might have to just buy the one HD sells for 79.95 and return it if it wrong. Thanks
Damn that color is badass...your avatar, correct?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
One of the Harley ones they sell that is not listed for your bike will work. I was looking at them earlier in the day. Just open up the install sheet and check to see witch one has the same part number for the trim ring and get that. The kit is cheaper then getting the parts separately.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts