Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stuck, and too late to call Fuel Moto. My new 2-1-2 head pipe looks to be all lined up and into place, except the pipe for the right side exhaust is pointed to far inward, so the muffler is hitting the rear axle.
Ive got it pulled out as far as it will go .

Im sure I am just doing something really really dumb.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Make sure the header pipe bracket is on the correct side of the exhaust mount bracket. Also try getting the front into position first and then the rear. I had problems with my install, but it was all because I was in too much of a rush to ride it. Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixed

Took it off. Started again from the front and its fine now. There is no spare room between the muffler and the axle, but the bike is on a garage lift so the rear tire is all the way extended.
I need to go tighten it all up. But I think it will be fine. If I start riding motocross on the bike and do alot of jumps, then the muffler might touch the axle nut- but Im thinking Im safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.