Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking delivery this week of a 2011 FLTRU. SF Bay Area California has some excellent roads and when asked what the first thing I was going to do to it, my answer was "Put 10000 miles on it." ;)

My other ride is a 2005 Kawasaki Concours which I will be hard pressed to get rid of. The two bikes are so different it makes sense to keep them both in the stable.

Looking forward to getting good information on this forum since this is my first HD and I prefer to do as much of my own work as possible. Any input on what I should do first in terms of maintenance and a general health check is appreciated.

Bike details:

2011 FLTRU - Merlot Sunglo (Rootbeer?)
Adjustable Tour Pak
4" Rinehart Pipes
Extended Touring Windshield
15K Miles

I'll post up a few pics once she comes home with me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome to the tank from S. Cal. You have come to the right place. We will help you SPEND your money.

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your bike

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. I believe you will find the Kawi gets more garage time than you anticipate.

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento. Frisco bay area has excellent roads? I must have missed them. LOL. Head up or down the coast for some great riding or the Sierra foothills roads.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome from Sacramento. Frisco bay area has excellent roads? I must have missed them. LOL. Head up or down the coast for some great riding or the Sierra foothills roads.
Ride safe.
:D

I hear ya, but I love the Santa Cruz mountains, the reservoirs near me have some excellent riding and Hwy 1 is between a 30 and 45 minute ride through the hills from my house.

Haven't ridden much yet in the Sierra foothills, but I really enjoyed the Trinity National Forest last year. I'll get over to the eastern side someday.

:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts