Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to check when the alarm sounds and bike won't start every now and then on a 2015 RG with the FOB 2 ft from the seat, after you have replaced the FOB battery (2 X's)?
The connection to the antenna under the seat appears to be ok.
:crying:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel your pain

Really wished I could help you out but sounds like you've made the proper checks. I will say that I had my bike battery replaced by a independent and shortly after that my security system started to act up. I found the problem. New battery smashed & tore antenna wires.
I gave the independent a heads up on that. Good luck to you.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
2015..... make it your dealers problem. That's what the warranty is for.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Location of the FOB is key... in relation to the antenna. I can't really explain it more than that.

But here is something that should put you at ease that I can replicate:

If I put my FOB in the EITHER front faring pocket... IT'S NEVER SEEN.

I hang it in the saddlebag off the latch inside ( for service purposes ) ALWAYS seen

Hanging on my left side belt loop ( normal ).... always seen when ON THE BIKE.... 50% of the time it's not when STANDING ON RIGHT SIDE

Reactions: 9over

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015..... make it your dealers problem. That's what the warranty is for.
I try to not go there for something I can handle. This looks like it's time to have the dealer look at it. The problem is that it is an intermittent problem.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Just a quick question....... do you carry a cell phone? If so, try turning it off when you ride. My iPhone sometimes interferes with the security, and it will give a warning chirp once in a while, if my phone is on. It only happens when there's a whole bunch of people around though :wink:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I try to not go there for something I can handle. This looks like it's time to have the dealer look at it. The problem is that it is an intermittent problem.
I would first pull the main fuse (breaker) then remove the negative terminal on the battery. Give it a little time, hook it back up. Try and use your code on the blinkers to turn the alarm off. Start the engine and see how that does. Then you can use the fob and try it. Be sure and have your Fob away from your bike when resetting like this. This may work, I'm not sure but could save you a trip to the stealer.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
have you tried overriding the alarm with the security code? if you can do that you definitely know its a fob communication problem and not a deeper alarm problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts