Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed FOBO tire pressure sensors on my 17 RGU. I have not ridden it yet but it does send the pressure to the app on my phone so I’m satisfied with that. They came with locknuts that you are supposed to install prior to installing the sensor and then tighten the nut against the sensor. I have aftermarket 90° metal valve stems. The lock-nuts kept the sensors from contacting the valve stem core, thus no reading. I removed the nuts and installed the sensors and everything set up fine. Has anyone else run into this problem? I know the lock nuts are furnished for a reason. I hope the sensors stay put.

·
Administrator
12,511 Posts
The lock nuts are basically an anti theft device. I used them until they kept being more of a nuisance than a help, especially when you have to add air. I removed them over a year ago and have been just fine without them.

Reactions: Oldbie and Mike U

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
When I first added the FOBO to My Glide I didn't add the right angle double valve and boy was I disappointed.
So, when I changed tires I immediately ordered the FOBO Right Angle Valve and everything works fine, no need to remove The Sensor to add or remove air.
Mike U.

·
Administrator
12,511 Posts
When I first added the FOBO to My Glide I didn't add the right angle double valve and boy was I disappointed.
So, when I changed tires I immediately ordered the FOBO Right Angle Valve and everything works fine, no need to remove The Sensor to add or remove air.
Mike U.
Mike U I agree with you on that, my problem is there’s a very limited space between where my valve is and the design on the wheel.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
221 Posts
I’ve run without the lock nuts for 4-5 years now. They are just to make the sensors harder to steal. But they make it darned hard to get them off when you add air. I just go without and risk the unlikely event someone steals them. They won’t be able to use them since they are locked to your phone now till you release them.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Thinking about these next tire change
Matt check out Amazon, You will get them much quicker I believe, and make sure to get the 2nd generation if You decide on them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered from fobo direct it was cheaper and took 2 weeks in mid june
I like them only wish that they would work with Android auto to see in screen

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thinking about these next tire change
Just a note that my 2020 RGS came with the right stems from the factory. My 2016 had the long rubber ones and they flail about on those and actually pulled the stem out of the tire one time. So be sure you do have the short stems first, which might require waiting for that tire change like you are saying.

·
Administrator
12,511 Posts
Just a note that my 2020 RGS came with the right stems from the factory. My 2016 had the long rubber ones and they flail about on those and actually pulled the stem out of the tire one time. So be sure you do have the short stems first, which might require waiting for that tire change like you are saying.
Definitely go with metal stems, the inertia from the extra weight will wear rubber stems.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just installed FOBO tire pressure sensors on my 17 RGU. I have not ridden it yet but it does send the pressure to the app on my phone so I’m satisfied with that. They came with locknuts that you are supposed to install prior to installing the sensor and then tighten the nut against the sensor. I have aftermarket 90° metal valve stems. The lock-nuts kept the sensors from contacting the valve stem core, thus no reading. I removed the nuts and installed the sensors and everything set up fine. Has anyone else run into this problem? I know the lock nuts are furnished for a reason. I hope the sensors stay put.
I haven't used the nuts going on 3 years. It's a good system but I hate their app. On my Android phone you have to force it closed whenever you shut it or it keeps running in the background. I don't know about IOS or if the new version of sensors has a different app. I got the old sensors.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I ordered from fobo direct it was cheaper and took 2 weeks in mid june
I like them only wish that they would work with Android auto to see in screen
Looks like this may answer my question. I was wondering if they would work with Apple Carplay and I assume if they don't work with Android auto then a no go for Carplay. Can anyone confirm this. Also does anyone know if they can be paired with the Sony XAV-AX7000.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to say I have not been able to get it to work with mine yet been trying different methods too. Wish it would no app for it to work on it on t

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Looks like this may answer my question. I was wondering if they would work with Apple Carplay and I assume if they don't work with Android auto then a no go for Carplay. Can anyone confirm this. Also does anyone know if they can be paired with the Sony XAV-AX7000.
[/QUOTE

Just got these, getting ready to install later in the month. Same question on either apple functionality and apple carplay with the Sony 7000 deck.

I got the t valves TY MIke U!

Just a note on shipping, I had read about long delivery times. I ordered direct from the company Monday night 10pm and had them Thursday morning by 10.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The software probably doesn’t have a CarPlay version as I believe Apple limits what apps will work with a CarPlay output due to distraction while driving.

The alerts would show up in CarPlay and normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
You're very welcome Matt.
I hope you like them.
I check mine all the time and especially before I leave for a ride so I know the tires are properly inflated.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts