Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a bit long winded:

I have had this system installed for about a week. I ordered the kit from Amazon, but also wanted the T-Valve, but Amazon did not offer that. I contacted the manufacture directly about the T-Valve(using their webpage) and ordered that from them. It took both items about 5 days to arrive. I did pay $20 extra for priority shipping on the T-Valves, as I was having to replace my rear tire due to 3 nails.

This is my opinion of the product and the manufacture:

I had contacted the manufacture a couple of times using their webpage and they responded within a day (not counting weekends, etc). When I ordered the T-Valve, using their webpage, I realized that I had only selected 1 T-Valve and not two. I ordered a second T-Valve.

I received an email back from the manufacture stating they saw both my orders and believed I may not have meant to order the second T-Valve and they would not ship until they heard back from me. I replied that indeed I had meant to order 2 Valves and to please process the order. They replied that my order would be shipped and that I would get a refund on the shipping charge on the second order.

My PayPal account reflected the shipping refund that same day. How many companies would have just kept the additional shipping charge since it was my mistake, I consider that good customer service.

Since I was replacing my back tire, I went ahead and had my indy install the T-Valve on the front tire as well. I followed the instruction on getting everything set up, which took just a couple of minutes. We verified the tire pressures after everything was set up and they matched the phone app tire pressures.

I have a digital gauge I have been using and have been comparing that with the displayed tire pressure on the app and they have been within .2 PSI, that works for me.

I am very happy with this system and the customer service I got from the manufacture. This was my experience using this product and my interaction with the manufacture. I am very happy with the results.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Interesting. I have TPMS on my cars & find it quite convenient.
But, I check tire pressure very often on the sleds - as a standalone activity & as a part of a pre-ride inspection for longer rides. I'd have little use for the system on the bikes as it might encourage me to also not check tire condition since I'm not checking pressure.
But, to each their own.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
But, I check tire pressure very often on the sleds - as a standalone activity & as a part of a pre-ride inspection for longer rides. I'd have little use for the system on the bikes as it might encourage me to also not check tire condition since I'm not checking pressure.
But, to each their own.
Personally, I make it a habit to look at both tires every time I fill up with gas, wash the bike, and change the oil. Pretty well keeps me on top of the tire wear and cupping.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
But, to each their own.
Having this system on my bike does not change my routine. Before I ride each day, I check my lights, tires and a basic check of my bike. I do a walk around every time I go riding. The TPMS makes it easy to check my tire pressures, and very easy to check the pressure in the rear tire. I feel this system is an enhancement to my routine.

Thanks for your input

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I got these about 3 weeks ago. I only put the back one on, on my bike, and my wife's. The only change to our pre ride check is, we don't have to lay on the ground to check the rear tire. To me, that alone makes it worth every penny.

I was worried, at first, that they would leak, or wouldn't be accurate. In 3 weeks, no loss of air at all. And I checked them with my digital gauge, and they are exact.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
But, to each their own.
For me, it is not a substitute for maintenance. It is so I can be alerted of a puncture and loss of air before handling is an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts