Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running FOBO t-valve stems on stock wheels? Getting ready to install a set with new rubber. Want to make sure there aren't any issues with installing the t-valve stems. Pictures would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I have had them on my last two bikes, no problems on either one. You can get the T valves in chrome or black, mine are black, my black wheel and T valves are duty. The black T Valve is not a dark black, hopefully the pic shows that.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
I’m running them on stock ‘15 RG wheels. Have chrome ones, matches the wheels nicely. No firmament or clearance issues. Sorry no pictures & not able to take any at this time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I put them on my 2016 FLTRU. I love them, way easier to add air. I will warn you, I did run into an issue when I changed the batteries. My phone would not reset up the sensors and I had to use an old phone and OS. I emailed Fobo support and they replied almost immediately. They said there is an issue with android version 7 and suggested I try another phone. I was going to try an iPhone but the woman was coming home late so i used an old Galaxy 5 android version 5 and it worked. You logout out of the android 7 phone, install and log in to the old phone. attach the sensor, logout of the old phone and relogin to the new phone and I now see the sensors.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and pictures. Ready to get these installed with some new tires and hit the road. Hope to see everyone at SW VIII.

·
Registered
684 Posts
So I guess I will ask the question, since I have no clue if its even possible.

Since the TPMS uses bluetooth, is there anyway to pair it with the Rushmore HU and monitor through the touchscreen?

I'm guessing you need an app, but was curious if anyone had discovered a workaround.

TIA,

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Since the TPMS uses bluetooth, is there anyway to pair it with the Rushmore HU and monitor through the touchscreen?

I'm guessing you need an app, but was curious if anyone had discovered a workaround.

TIA,

Mike
Great question. At this point the Infotainment system is a closed proprietary system although it has the capability to monitor tire pressure on some models. Guessing we won't see the MOCO allowing other apps to work on their system in our lifetime. I'll do some research on alternatives.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Batman825, I have the same bike. How accurate are the read outs? I’m sure somewhere has checked it....
I guess you would have to have an accurate gauge to test it. It was within 1/2 lb of the electronic one I use for my car tires. However, I would say it is probably more accurate than my tester since my tester only registers in 1/2 lb increments. The FOBO unit will register in 10th's ex 36.3 or 36.6. I've never had a tire pressure tester measure in 10th's.

·
Registered
195 Posts

TIA,

Mike
Only the CVO model uses the TPMS with the infotainment center. You need to spend the big bucks to get it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One more question - I’m planning to use these on my 2016 RGU stock rubber valves. Anyone else using them on the rubber valves?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Please do not do that. Mine on a trip to Sturges almost killed me, rubber valve stem sheared off and i lost tire pressure very quickly in the rear tire, this caused a violent shake to the front of the bike, almost lost it.

There are countless threads at HD forums including mine on how dangerous it is to run these on rubber stems. Also when installing the metal stems be sure to balance tires with the complete setup on the wheel.

·
Registered
927 Posts
One more question - I’m planning to use these on my 2016 RGU stock rubber valves. Anyone else using them on the rubber valves?
DO NOT RUN ON RUBBER VALVE STEMS! Their website does or did state when I got mine that you could but metal was preferred. I had a stem tear apart & I lost all air pressure at highway speeds, it could have been disastrous.

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
They donated a set to the SW raffle last year. I believe Tom won them and if Im not mistaken, Troy B has a set or 2 as well. Maybe go ask on the FB page.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also had a rubber valve stem on the front break at higher than highway speeds. Scared the bejesus out of me. I immediately took off both sensors and reinstall when I get new metal stems

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Hello,

With these items being bluetooth can i be using the monitoring system and another device that is bluetooth like my stereo.

Thanks
With the FOBO TPMS system, they pair with an iPhone/Android using a free app from FOBO. The FOBO system will not pair with the Harley infotainment center, Harley does not allow that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts