Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Depends on your budget and where you want to put the amp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the SoundSream PN2.350D amp. I bought the J&M Performance 7.5's. They didnt last a half hour before one of them blew a capacitor on a tweeter! Not impressed with them. I'd be willing to bet they are actually about a 75 watt speaker at best. I now have some Focals on the way that will be able to handle the amp. WoofersEtc hooked me up on some and gave me some good information too! I think I'll have a good set up when its done.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
ncracer86 ,,,,,,

you are 100% correct ,,, the J&M PERFORMANCE series 7.25" speakers are rated at 140w MAX and around 90w RMS per channel ,,,,,

they are THE most efficient speaker that you can use with the stock Harley radio OR a small to medium sized amplifier ,,,,,

connected to the big amp, you simply blew one of the capacitors that run the grill mounted tweeter/midrange ,,,,

the correct speaker set to choose for the larger amps like the ROKKER XTP ect would be these ROKKER XX 7.25" speakers (((see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,,,

I can also upgrade you from the 7.25" performance series to the 7.25" ROKKERs for $199.99 with trade if you are interested ,,,,,

just let us know how we can be of service ,,,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts