Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of Focal 165/ KRC's. question is how well or NOT do these fit in the newer 2015 and up fairing? these came out of my 2011 and they were mounted with adapter rings. I don't thing the outer fairing ever fit back on the same after and I don't want this problem with the new fairing (2017)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
i have a set of Focal 165/ KRC's. question is how well or NOT do these fit in the newer 2015 and up fairing? these came out of my 2011 and they were mounted with adapter rings. I don't thing the outer fairing ever fit back on the same after and I don't want this problem with the new fairing (2017)
No mods needed for 15 and up RG's.... drop them in the pods... no rings/adapters needed. X-overs fit nicely between the pods and headunit on each side... you will see the pockets.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods needed for 15 and up RG's.... drop them in the pods... no rings/adapters needed. X-overs fit nicely between the pods and headunit on each side... you will see the pockets.
appreciate the response. just to be sure these are the 6.5" speakers in question . A local shop said some trimming needs to be done to make them fit ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2018 RG Special. I ordered the lower fairings with speaker boxes, will these fit in the lowers with no modification also. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have a 2018 RG Special. I ordered the lower fairings with speaker boxes, will these fit in the lowers with no modification also. Thanks for any help.
I can't say for sure on genuine HD pods... I have faring factory pods... a bit of mods required for magnet... but not too bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
I was running that same speaker on my 16 RGU and they dropped right in. A buddy of mine same bike same year and he did have to do some dremel (1/8 -1/4) on one point inside to get his to fit flush

1 - 10 of 10 Posts