Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a local Hertz dealer in MN and was able to compare Hertz and Focal. Between Hertz HCX and Focal PC165 I am now leaning toward the PC165s. There was more depth to the sound. Any input from the experts on this Focal?

Also - the dealer was trying to talk me out of a RF amp for an ARC mini. He said the sound would be cleaner and give it that "depth" I was hearing. Is that true? I doubt I will notice at 70 mph. Is it worth an 2 x $$ for ARC amp?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Very interesting for me.... I don't have the Hertz, but from everything I've heard except for a couple of articles I read, a lot of people on the forums don't want to compare the two. I have the Focal PC's, they are a great speaker, and I can get them for about $100 less than the Hertz. But now let me throw a monkey wrench into this. ....... the Infinity Kappa is a little less $$ than the Focal. ... see if you can listen to some of them. I have both.... very close, but the Kappa is 2ohms, so I can't use them where I want unless I got another amp..... I don't want to run 5 amps,lol. BTW if it's in your budget, the Arc is a better amp.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm not an expert but I listened to several brands on bikes before I bought my Focals. I have all Focals on my bike and love them....guys I ride with are changing out there Memphis, Alpine, and Kappas with Focals now....and I have 2 PBRs....one for 6.5s and tweets, and one for 6x9s in bags....and it's clear at 90 MPH....just so you know...not that I was running 90 MPH,....just saying.....they are....:):_):)

·
Registered
156 Posts
The same local dealer is offering me a deal on a pair of Focal 165 KRCs. I am very tempted but am not sure how much better those would be at speed. Is it worth it to spend another $100 on the KRCs over the PCs?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Glad you found a dealer in Minnesota. I stand corrected. Looks like you guys have about 6 dealers up there. I've heard the KRC's and they are awesome! But expensive!! Go here: These guys swear by em' with the Arc KS125.2 amp.

http://soundzcustomz.com/baggeraudio/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts