Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to show everybody another option for mounting non Harley or hawg-wired tweeters. ended up tear out the volt and air temp guage, pulled chrome ring off of gauges and gutting gauges and reinstalling ring and bending inner part of ring to take up the space to make them fit and then used a little clear caulk to hold them in. actually turned out better than I thought. hardest part was taking off the chrome ring and reinstalling it, which is harder than it looks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you're buying aftermarket tweeters versus installing the tweeters that come with Focal or Hawgwired component speakers, the alpine tweeters that come with the r type speakers are threaded. They feed through the front of the fairing and have a threaded ring that screws onto the back securing them in the holes. ImageUploadedByMO Free1434421078.666298.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tweeters sound really good there,can actually here them going down the road at 70 mph. that would have been nice if focal would of had threaded tweeters cause I ended up wrecking the air temp guage chrome ring when trying to put the last one back together,didnt take my time cause the first one went so well,luckily I found another for $22 on e-bay. just couldn't see cutting holes in my inner fairing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts