Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I had the same speakers and used a JM grill that I had with previous speakers, PM QHog I believe he did a set up similar to what you're thinking. I started to, but now I have a whole new set of Focals.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
366 Posts
I put them where the oil pressure and air temp gage used to be. lol
Looks awsome and is right in your face. I use an arc amp to run these speakers and they scream.......

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put them where the oil pressure and air temp gage used to be. lol
Looks awsome and is right in your face. I use an arc amp to run these speakers and they scream.......
My OCD needs gauges (getting the oil temp gauge soon to replace the BS air temp). So I'm not willing to loose them.

If the Focals won't work I know that Alpine typr-r's will fit under there. I just can't find the Focal tweeter dimensions online for the life of me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
165 CA1 SG will fit however

The speakers you have chosen will fit however don't forget to purchase the adapter rings that take you from the stock 5.25's to 6.5's.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The speakers you have chosen will fit however don't forget to purchase the adapter rings that take you from the stock 5.25's to 6.5's.
Yep on my list. Thanks Bagger!

rhino, they should fit, sometimes the french forget to pack directions, or specs, but it's all good, aren't they a universal 1" silk or titanium domed tweeter???

I just relocated my EQ dials to the upper fork area. Buttoned her up and hoping for sunshine and a good long ride.
Thanks Duncan! I have no idea if they are standard or not. They look like it but who knows. I will just order them from Amazon which has an easy return policy.

I'm still waiting for parts for my bars. Once that is done and everything is working the audio system is next. I did get the mount you sent me! Can't Wait.

Did you post pics of your EQ dials mounted?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
what product are the EQ dials from?
rockford punch eq -

with the way I have my system set up, HP 90Hz to front 4, AP to 6x8 lids

running everything flat, no head eq or processing, just these dials

the left one is treble and the right one is bass

works surprisingly well, you can fine tune the detail.

for the lids I usually target 18" floor tom, and go from there

way easier than scrolling thru a 7 band EQ at a stoplight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts