Road Glide banner

Foot control extension

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Gibson 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm new RG owner and trying to make some adjustments. Thanks in advance for taking the time to check this post out.

How big a deal (DIY vs Pro) is it to extend the lower controls on my '06 RG? I'm 6'5 with a 34" inseam, so as it sits right now, my toes end up under the rear brake pedal by a couple inches. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You could look at the Harley extended reach brake lever, its about an inch longer than stock, so it would move the pad forward a little bit. Also Kuryakyn makes a floorboard relocation kit that moves the driver boards forward and out 1 inch, very easy install. On the shifter side, again Harley has the extended reach shifter levers that will give you some room forward and aft. Hope some of this helps, let us know what you decide. I should add, if you decide to purchase any of these parts, find PcPain on the boards for your best deal.

#5 ·
+2 on the Kury extended brake pedal and footboard extensions. I think the Kury pedal is a little further forward than the HD one.

Kury also makes extended shift levers which are also longer than the HD ones. I believe the HD shift levers are 1" longer than stock (each lever - sold as a kit) and the Kury levers are 1 1/2" longer than stock.

#7 ·
Shifter levers are easy, one socket head machine screw in each - slide em off the shaft and replace with new.

Brake lever is pretty easy too, but requires removal of the foot board. Still just a handful of nuts & bolts though.

When I installed mine (both sides) I think it took less than 30min with basic sockets, wrenches, and an Allen wrench or two.

#10 ·
Tall Guys

I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam and ride a 2013 RGU I installed the Kuryakyn foot board extenders. The move the boards out and forward about 1 inch. That helped a lot. But the biggest help for me was installing 14 inch Outlaz bars. They let me sit up and made the ride much more comfortable. Good Luck.

#11 ·
I have the Kury's as well. Word of caution on extended brake levers, if you put vented lowers on it will contact the door when the door is open (at least it did on mine) Also, another option for extended brake and shift levers is Softbrake. I got mine from them and received great customer service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.