Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have long legs and the floorboards on my 2018 CVO or too high and/or too far back. I've been searching on Goole for a solution and found several, none of which I really like. Anyone else have this problem? What is the best solution? I'd like too keep the floorboards, just move them forward an inch or two and the heal down an inch or two also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You could consider another seat that moves you up and back. Also, an extended brake pedal and some extended footboards, "bananas", I think they are called. I'm sure someone makes an extended shifter.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Harley makes extended shift levers, I have them to accommodate my big feet. Extended brake pedals are out there too. I don't know about relocating the floorboards, do you have lowers?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just bought a set of extended heel/toe shift levers yesterday from a nearby Harley dealership. It made a big difference in my ability to safely and comfortably shift gears without getting my boot caught in between the standard shift levers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, bike did not come with lowers and I don't have them. My problem seems that the floorboards are too high. My thighs are above horizontal, knees are higher than my hips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like Covinton's concept. Their website states that their floorboard relocation kit will not work with an engine guard, which my bike has and I'd like to keep. Mainly for the highway peg mount location.

I call Tallboy Cycles today and discussed their kit with them. It sounds like it will do exactly what I think I want. So, I ordered their kit . I also called SoftBrake about the foot bike lever. I ended up ordering a +2 / 20 degree foot brake lever. All the parts should arrive this week so hopefully I will get to try out the new setup this weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Banana Boards on my 2013 CVO RG Anniversary. I'm 6'-3" with a 36" inseam so I need the extra room. I love them. Just bought a 2018 RG Special and having Banana Boards installed on that one too. I also took my seat in to a custom seat house, Thrasher Seats. They remolded my seat so I sit 1 1/2" back further. Makes for a much more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have long legs and the floorboards on my 2018 CVO or too high and/or too far back. I've been searching on Goole for a solution and found several, none of which I really like. Anyone else have this problem? What is the best solution? I'd like too keep the floorboards, just move them forward an inch or two and the heal down an inch or two also.
https://www.tallboyscycles.com/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up installing the Tallboy Floorboard Relocation Kit. I really like the new position of the floorboards. The long Defiance Collection floorboards do scrape a little in a hard turn, but I'm okay with it for a additional comfort. I also install a Softbrake +2 extended foot brake pedal. Much better now.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I ended up installing the Tallboy Floorboard Relocation Kit. I really like the new position of the floorboards. The long Defiance Collection floorboards do scrape a little in a hard turn, but I'm okay with it for a additional comfort. I also install a Softbrake +2 extended foot brake pedal. Much better now.
Since you have long legs, how about raising the bike to accommodate for the lowered floorboards. Longer shocks and spacers in the front end or longer internals. Then the bike will ride better with more suspension travel and still corner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the low stock stance of the bike. I am considering a longer(1") shock after talking with Smarty. He stated a 13" stock would raise the bike 3/8" or 5/8", can't remember which. I may be okay with that.

Good points.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Softbrake and extended shift levers did wonder for me (6'3") I also have a c&c seat that moves me back and down which is good but knees are still a bit high. Bad dad makes floorboards that sit a hair lower than stock, not cheep but helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts