Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to break down and spend several thousand dollars to get my bike to fit me correctly. I'm 6'6" and have a 36" inseam. I ride a 2015 FLTRXS. I installed the following:

1. Le Pera DLL Outcast seat (with backrest)
2. Harley 15" apes
3. Tall Boys Cycles floorboard relocation kit
4. Kuryarkyn extended shift and brake levers
5. Cee Bailey's 17 inch windscreen

Unbelievable difference! If I had know this, I would have done it 14 years ago of my 2003 FLHRCI. I plan on doing most of the same thing on that bike this winter.

If you are a tall rider, I would be happy to discuss the process with you. For the first time ever...I am actually comfortable on my bike!!!!!

It cost a lot of money, but it is SO worth it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have wondered about custom fitting a motorcycle for a long time. I'm 6'6" with 36 inseam also and figured the way I have always felt on a motorcycle is just the way motorcycles are supposed to feel.

I'd love to see some pictures if you get around to posting them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Stretch!!!

I finally decided to break down and spend several thousand dollars to get my bike to fit me correctly. I'm 6'6" and have a 36" inseam. I ride a 2015 FLTRXS. I installed the following:

1. Le Pera DLL Outcast seat (with backrest)
2. Harley 15" apes
3. Tall Boys Cycles floorboard relocation kit
4. Kuryarkyn extended shift and brake levers
5. Cee Bailey's 17 inch windscreen

Unbelievable difference! If I had know this, I would have done it 14 years ago of my 2003 FLHRCI. I plan on doing most of the same thing on that bike this winter.

If you are a tall rider, I would be happy to discuss the process with you. For the first time ever...I am actually comfortable on my bike!!!!!

It cost a lot of money, but it is SO worth it...
At 6'6" with 38" inseam I have a bit more leg below, But I'm familiar with your pain...I have a '13 FLTRU I used Arlen Ness Floorboard relocation kit. Had to remove the lowers. Looks like I might like the Tall Boy Kit when weather cools off.

You might want to look at the Softbrake extended peddle, it is longer & lower projection forward than the Kuryakyn model. It is much more comfortable! Softbrake Extended Brake Arms for Harley Davidson - SB-BRAKE-HD - Phat Performance Parts
All three the extended shifters are about the same...

Nice set up, ride safe!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Here's my setup & you can't go much further without moving or removing the crash bar, some of you guys have longer legs then me but this should solve your problems:
TALL BOYS bracket, KURYAKYN brackets , HARLEY extended floorboards, WALTERS WORKSHOP extended shifter arm (highly recommended) matches stock very well , also added PINGEL shifter peg extension (also highly recommended because floorboards are now moved out) and SOFTBRAKE+2 extended brake pedal. Harley Tallboy seat for two up & Roland Sands Boss when I'm solo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts