Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are considering a road trip out west this summer, you may want to think about Hwy. 50, Nevada. If you like long open stretches of Byways and High Desert vistas this may be the ride for you. We took this ride two years ago and still it's been one of our favorites. We went from East to West, picking up Hwy. 50 in Ely, NV and rode west. You will pass through some interesting little towns like Eureka, Alpine, Fallon and Austin. If you contact the Nevada Board of Tourism before hand they will send you a booklet that can be stamped at each little town along the way. Upon completion and sent back to the board you will get a signed certificate by the Governor of Nevada saying you "survived Nevada's Hwy. 50".

I didn't have the RGC then "A.K.A. DesertShark", I was riding an 08 Night Train. Here are a few pics for consideration.

Food fot thought..........

Nevadasun

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Wow that looks awesome and sounds like something I would love to do. I can't wait to really take my first "long trip" on my rg. Just waiting for this freakin winter to end.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wow that looks awesome and sounds like something I would love to do. I can't wait to really take my first "long trip" on my rg. Just waiting for this freakin winter to end.
wow that looks fantastic.what time of the year is the best?
That ride took place the forth week of May, so let's say end of May through the middle of Sept. are great times to do this ride. At the end of the Hwy. 50 ride we dropped down into CA. stopped at Mono Lake and Bishop Ca. for lunch. From there we rode into Death Valley then back to Vegas. It was two nights on the road, we should have spent three. A couple pics of the CA. area, WOW! I forgot, I grew a beard for this ride.

I think we will do the Hwy. 50 ride in reverse next time, that is, start in CA. ride into Nevada to include Virginia City then pick up Hwy. 50 and run it East.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts