Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been snooping around for a new capo. Finally bit the bullet and sprung for an Elliott Elite.

But while I was looking, this caught my eye. LOL

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Spring-Acoustic-Electric-Feeling/dp/B01C8LQDJA[/ame]

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Pretty cool looking on the guitar. How does it fret the strings with those teeth ?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What are you playing?
I have a 2009 Taylor 816ce, a Godin A6 Ultra Koa, and just today I picked up a Taylor 414ce Limited Edition black limba. (not from Sweetwater, but from a very cool local retailer) I'm so happy I could just pee.

Regarding capos, I have a bunch of junky Kysers, they're fine, but last week I ordered an Elliott Elite, that should be coming in the next few weeks, can't wait for that to arrive.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have a 2009 Taylor 816ce, a Godin A6 Ultra Koa, and just today I picked up a Taylor 414ce Limited Edition black limba. (not from Sweetwater, but from a very cool local retailer) I'm so happy I could just pee.

Regarding capos, I have a bunch of junky Kysers, they're fine, but last week I ordered an Elliott Elite, that should be coming in the next few weeks, can't wait for that to arrive.
WOW!!! Thats some sweet rides you got there! What style of music are you into?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
WOW!!! Thats some sweet rides you got there! What style of music are you into?
I play a lot of Greatful Dead, Neil Young, Allman Brothers, etc. And a lot of just noodling.

I've been listening to a ton of bluegrass these days, but I cant get anywhere near them from a playing perspective. Whenever I listen to
I just want to quit. The guy is just other-worldly. I encourage everyone to hit youtube and just search on "Billy Strings", watch any video, you will not be disappointed.

I listen to Phish, Spafford, Greensky Bluegrass, Infamous Stringdusters. All of these bands are tremendous to see live.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't play but cant resist a good live bluegrass show in a small venue. I have seen Billy at the Factory, Franklin. He has an upcoming show at the Ryman in June. Most recently met Ricky after his show where he was happy to greet fans. He is our newest CMHOF member. Have seen many others in Franklin and Ryman. Sam, Sierra, Del, Jerry, Bela, the Great Dr. Stanley.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Big fan of Bluegrass and it's festival just came through Gettysburg over the weekend...Killer shows, especially Balsam Range doing the Allman Brothers No Way out!!!!
The Seldom Scene was awesome too....All great performers!!!
I sport a Martin HD

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looks like the Youtube was videoed at Carter Vintage guitars. Coincidence - I stopped in there about a month ago while visiting my daughter. Played a lot of their old guitars. Played a 1937 Gibson that looked like it had been drug behind a car, all beat up. Absolutely beautiful tone and really played pretty well. Was fun to play and see some of their guitars. I'm jealous of what you're playing. I've often toyed with getting a nice guitar now . . . . in my golden years (65 next month). But I still enjoy my old Giannini that I bought when I was in college. Plays pretty well and has a great tone (to me).

Congrats on the great guitars!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't play but cant resist a good live bluegrass show in a small venue. I have seen Billy at the Factory, Franklin. He has an upcoming show at the Ryman in June. Most recently met Ricky after his show where he was happy to greet fans. He is our newest CMHOF member. Have seen many others in Franklin and Ryman. Sam, Sierra, Del, Jerry, Bela, the Great Dr. Stanley.
I'll be at Romp this year. Billy is playing Thursday afternoon, Ricky Skaggs+Patty Loveless is headlining Saturday evening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts